PDA

View Full Version : Big Powerbook G4 Trouble [VIDEO INCLUDED]

Jul
Sep 27, 2006, 02:50 PM
http://www.zshare.net/download/powerbookg4-mp4.html

Hi, i got a big problem with my powerbook g4. The screen begins to flicker, than it freezes and then it goes off. It's documented in the video, i hope you can watch it, it's encoded with quicktime 7 using the h264 codec. This problem appears randomly and when the screen goes off the system is still fully functional with an external screen attached to the pb. the screen is black but its backlightning is still there (you can still adjust the brightness for example). The problem first appeared about 4 months ago, so i went to an apple shop and they said that it's probably the monitor cable. sadly i couldn't show the problem to them because of it's random nature. so they sent it to an apple repair centre. 3 weeks later it came back, apple did nothing because they couldn't find the problem. obviously i wasn't very happy about that and about two month later the problem was back in full effect. i could hardly work with the pb because display almost always went off so i decided to capture the damn thing with my video camera (should've done that earlier i know). I went to another Apple shop with repair service in the store. i showed them the video and they said that it's probably the mainboard :eek: . So i gave it to them. 5 days later they called me and said that they couldn't find any problem, sorry :mad: . So here I am only 1.5 month warranty left. Maybe you could help me.

Killyp
Sep 27, 2006, 02:53 PM
Take a video of it having a spazz, and make sure you show the serial number in the same video so you can prove it's the same machine.

There is obviously something wrong with it, Apple have supplied you with a warranty, and they should give it. If they can't fix it, then they should replace it. Easy as that...

tweakers_suck
Sep 27, 2006, 03:28 PM
Clearly your computer has a problem and is broken. Do you have an Apple store near you? If so you can show them your video. Otherwise, I would call Applecare and tell them that the computer is still broken and that they need to find the issue and fix it. You may also want to consider the purchase of the extended warranty if possible.