PDA

View Full Version : dead column of pixels, powerbook 15 inch

purduematt
Apr 6, 2003, 11:21 AM
I have a 15 inch powerbook 667 dvi, and recently a column of pixels has been sporatically going dead. i believe something is wrong with the connection in the hinge that holds the monitor to the computer because i can get the pixels to work by slightly adjusting the angle of the lcd screen.

my question is, i purchased my computer at the end of the summer, and i do not have apple care, is there any recourse to have this problem fixed. Becuase i think it is a problem with the connection and the monitor itself, i wouldn't want them to just replace the screen if they didn't have to becuase i think that might be more expensive than it needs to be to have it fixed.

any helpful comments would be welcomed.

thank you,

matt

strider42
Apr 6, 2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by purduematt

my question is, i purchased my computer at the end of the summer, and i do not have apple care, is there any recourse to have this problem fixed.

If you purchased it less than a year ago, you are still covered by the original warranty. Applecare is an extended warranty and free phone support. In this case, the phone support will also be free w/o applecare because it will be a warrantable hardware repair. Call apple, get a case number, and bring it to the shop.