PDA

View Full Version : Super Glue on iBook LCD!!!!!!

idkfa
Sep 27, 2006, 09:53 PM
So...

There was a little leak of a super glue canister in the vicinity of my iBook...:( A small amount, probably the size of a penny got on my screen. It did the typical super glue thing when it dried; it turned to white hard stuff. You cannot see it that much when the screen is off, but it is noticeable when it is off. I was thinking about that super glue removal liquid; the stuff for unsticking unwanted objects together. Will this work/will it make it worse?

Help???

pianoman
Sep 27, 2006, 10:00 PM
You cannot see it that much when the screen is off, but it is noticeable when it is off.

what?!?

i'd call AppleCare to see what they recommend. i'm sure they've had this issue before.

until then, i'd leave it alone.

idkfa
Sep 27, 2006, 10:07 PM
^^Oops. It took me awhile to notice it. It is not that noticeable when the screen is ON.

Thanks for the help.

iGav
Sep 28, 2006, 12:52 PM
If I were in your situation, I'd try using cotton buds, soaked in nail polish remover (or something similar that contains acetone) and rub the area very, very gently, and ONLY on the actual superglue... not the screen itself, so be very careful, take your time and keep checking it periodically.

Hope that helps.