PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 disconecting from network while asleep

caity13cait
Sep 28, 2006, 07:03 PM
I use my imac G5 to print, I have several macs and they all print through that machine. I set it so that only the screen would go to sleep but I am still having trouble. I have to go wake it up and then print through it. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem or am I just laz?

beatsme
Sep 28, 2006, 07:13 PM
I use my imac G5 to print, I have several macs and they all print through that machine. I set it so that only the screen would go to sleep but I am still having trouble. I have to go wake it up and then print through it. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem or am I just laz?

I wouldn't say you're lazy, though this has been the bane of OSX ever since it arrived. If you activate the screen saver or you put the thing to sleep, it kicks you off the network. If there is a fix for this (believe me, I've looked) it is purely unknown to me.

I'm hoping someone has a workaround for you, because I'd quite like to know what it is :confused:

mad jew
Sep 28, 2006, 09:48 PM
Maybe keep iTunes playing. This keeps the machine awake for me.

Fleetwood Mac
Sep 28, 2006, 10:39 PM
Wierd. I know that this isn't a problem on my core duo iMac. (hooked up to the printer as is your G5)