PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth phone options for 17PB

Chuck
Apr 6, 2003, 09:56 PM
While I've been waiting for my 17" I decided to check out what phone to get in order to send and retrieve emails remotely (not just using GPRS but from the computer). It seems there isn't much to choose from at this stage. I thought the SE T68i looked perfect, but then I heard all these rotten reviews from owners who said that the reception is the worst of any phone they've ever used!

Anyone got a real success story in the BT phone dept they'd like to share?

Chuck.

topicolo
Apr 6, 2003, 11:36 PM
I have a t68 and to be honest, its reception isn't the best, its interface is kinda slow, and its screen tends to trap dust. On the other hand, it has a very nice screen and it's incredibly small and the bluetooth works like a charm. I would get it only if you get a good deal

bellis1
Apr 7, 2003, 07:25 PM
I have a t68i and a 12" PB and am impressed by the technology but acknowledge that it needs some improvement. The program Romeo for the t68i is very cool. I have used it for presentations and love the remote function for itunes and dvd player. I am just starting to use isync. I would recomend the t68i as well if you get a good deal because this technology should be improving in the near future. Nokia has a 3650 with bluetooth and a larger display but Nokia is not as well integrated at this time. The reception is not great but I have had worse. A 14 day satisfaction guarantee should not be too hard to come by.