PDA

View Full Version : i just saw the 17 inch powerbook!

jefhatfield
Apr 6, 2003, 11:40 PM
it looks huge in person and the photographs and ads do not do it justice at all

if you have a chance to see one...even if it takes a bit of a drive...do it

i have been waiting weeks and weeks to actually see one somewhere in person and along with the 15" tibook at it's introduction, it is the most awe inspiring laptop experience i have ever had

of course, nothing blows me away more than the time i walked into a college bookstore in 1998 and saw the imac

fugeelama
Apr 6, 2003, 11:55 PM
i must agree, i finally saw a 17" last week (next to my friend's 15"), and boy was i impressed. builtin bluetooth, fast airport networking, and that thing it does with the keyboard in the dark was just plain awesome!

shadowfax
Apr 7, 2003, 12:56 AM
i am so jealous! i have gone to Fry's and CompUSA several times lately and it's a neiner. i really want to put my hands on one and see how big it really is.

planning a trip on tuesday to fry's with a friend... wish me luck. :)

Thanatoast
Apr 7, 2003, 01:32 AM
Good luck! :)

the first thing I thought when I saw it was actually how reasonably sized it was. I was expecting some unweildly monster of a machine, but it actually looked very usable. AND it was lighter than the 12 in powerbook sitting next to it!

shadowfax
Apr 7, 2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Thanatoast

the first thing I thought when I saw it was actually how reasonably sized it was. I was expecting some unweildly monster of a machine, but it actually looked very usable. AND it was lighter than the 12 in powerbook sitting next to it!

no way! it must have been missing its battery, surely!

WilliamGates
Apr 7, 2003, 02:40 AM
Here are just a few pics on my new 17". I am building a webpage. More pics and info to come.
It surprises me some have never touched the 17". I have had mine for 3 weeks. I put my name on the list at an Apple store in Miami and had it 4 days later.

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/PhotoAlbum34.html

tazo
Apr 7, 2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Thanatoast

Thats what i also thought initially, that it would be so damn large it would not be worth the price.

agente
Apr 7, 2003, 12:25 PM
I'm also jealous, I bought one of the 15" 1Ghz powerbooks when they came out in Nov. Oh well. I guess thats the nature of apples products.. But I'm loving this thing! fantastic machine.

ExoticFish
Apr 7, 2003, 01:23 PM
<rant> Same thing happened to me. I bought the 15" 1 GHz superdrive and they turn right back around and release the new ones. You're supposed to buy right after they come out so you know you've got top of the line for a little while! but two months?? still makes me angry! =0) </rant>

Riko19
Apr 8, 2003, 01:08 PM
coool so it looks bigger in reality nice one hope its nice and fat! not too heavy though hehe! its a show off toy ladies and gentle men isnt it?

but worth the wait....im still waiting ordered on 8th jan.

hmmnnn :(