PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook 15" 1.67GHz 2Gig Ram

elk
Sep 30, 2006, 02:14 AM
When I use Photoshop , CS2, DNG (raw converter) Adobe Bridge or i-movie, after a few minutes the computer crashes. I get the blck screen with the lettering. I touch the back (left side) of the computer and it gets hot. It doesn't burn but ii is close to that. The fan does not come on at all period. When I restart the computer I hear it on for a few seconds and then it goes off. I took out 1 gig of Ram and it stil does it. I already reformatted teh drive and re installed the programs. It still crashes and more. is there a way of checking to see if the CPU gets too hot?, or that the fan does not go on?.
:(

xsedrinam
Sep 30, 2006, 02:34 AM
Have you performed any recent Updates (10.4.8) with Tiger or SecurityUpdate (10.3.9)? There have been reports of issues with Tiger and Adobe CS2 but were to have been addressed in the 10.4.7 Update.

I had the SecurityUpdate 2006-006 brake my CS2 VersionCue this afternoon after rebooting from the SecurityUpdate and still haven't found a fix. Check out the Adobe site for recognized issues with CS2 and Legal files which were reporting illegal user recognitions the result of faulty character/language recognition of files in the Legal folder, when in fact the users were legal.

I'm not saying this is the source of your problem, but there are reported issues with CS2 going around.

Good luck.

elk
Sep 30, 2006, 10:38 AM
It started happening lately. It was doing it after upgrading to 10.4.7 and now after the 10.4.8 upgrade too. This morning I tried a cooler bag under the left corner and it finished the DNG conversion. When I tried to rename a folder it crashed and showed me the all language restart screen. I also swaped the ram and no change. I just did an archive and re-install with OSX 10.4.2 and ran DNG 3.5 and it also crashed before conversion ready.

elk
Oct 14, 2006, 06:05 PM
After going to the applestore for a few visits, they suspected it was bad third party ram. When I got home, I ran my programs and froze the computer again. Well I returned to the store and guess what? It was a a bad logic board which apple replaced at no cost since I purchased apple care. I'm 650 ahead of the spending game, and my computer works great.