Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
I've just bought a secondhand 12" PowerBook (867 Mhz G4) to replace my 800 Mhz iBook G4 which is at death's door (logic board failure after 2 years). The PowerBook hasn't arrive yet, but apart from the lovely aluminium enclosure (the iBook is VERY dirty now, white is not a great colour for a portable) and a subtle increase in performance, I'm curious about the screen.

I always thought that the 12" PowerBook used the same screen as the 12" iBook, but according to Wikipedia this is not the case. But I can't find any other info on the internet.

Does anybody know for sure whether the screens are the same? If not, what are the differences? I'd expect the PowerBook screen to be higher quality (even if just by a smidgeon) than the iBooks one.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I always thought they were the same panels too. Screens dim with age so comparing your old iBook and used PowerBook side-by-side won't help. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.