PDA

View Full Version : Good job Bill!

KingYaba
Oct 3, 2006, 12:58 AM
Bill Frist, not Clinton ;)

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Sep-30-Sat-2006/news/9966773.html

Under the new law, gamblers will no longer be allowed to pay for online wagers with credit cards, checks or other bank instruments.

I find this rather absured that Frist can simply attach a pointless amendment that has nothing to do with the bill and hardly anyone is saying crap about it.

This bothers me because this is flirting with internet regulation. (I'm very against that) This bothers me because I don't find gambling to be a bad thing. (It's your money, do what you want) This bothers me because port security and online gambling have absolutely nothing to do with one another. This bothers me because government shouldn't be telling me I can't play Texas Hold 'Em online. And lastly, how the hell is this going to be enforced?

DZ/015
Oct 3, 2006, 01:11 AM
I find this rather absured that Frist can simply attach a pointless amendment that has nothing to do with the bill

This is, unfortunately, common practice and not prohibited in congress. It happens all of the time from both sides of the aisle. As for the rest of your statement, I agree.

How will they enforce it? By further invading your privacy.

clevin
Oct 3, 2006, 08:21 AM
Im not supporting online gambling, but this kind of ban would only force them go underground, which is even tougher to control.

FleurDuMal
Oct 3, 2006, 08:25 AM
(It's your money, do what you want)

In that case, let's legalise for personal use stupid things like heroin, crack and guns...oh wait :rolleyes: .

KingYaba
Oct 3, 2006, 11:31 AM
In that case, let's legalise for personal use stupid things like heroin, crack and guns...oh wait :rolleyes: .
Oh wait, you must not know me well. I would not mind having drugs legalized. Guns are already legal. :) I find it foolish that GB would simply ban guns.

I think it's a waste of police time, money, and effort trying to crack down on pot smokers. It's absurd how police down here in Dallas (who are very understaffed) are out getting speeders and harmless drug users when Dallas has a gigantic crime rate to deal with. These police officers need to be out gettin' the thieves, child molesters, and murderers.