Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manzana

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Orange County, CA
looking for a ballpark figure.

friend of mine needs a website for his business (tire company, looking to open 1-2 stores) so he wants a website mainly for advertising also so customers can look at his inventory.

how much should he expect to pay a web designer / graphic artist for this? does it help if he has an independent graphic designer do the logos and stuff like that and then hire a web designer?

i will prob tell him to host on small orange.

Thanks in advance

eb6

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2006
How fancy is he wanting it?

- Straight html?
- Flash?
- Database and Dynamic stuff?

eb6

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2006
Don't expect anything under 5k. I'm not educated in database integration but I would be surpised if you could get a good site designed and constructed for anything less than that. I would guess in the 8-12k range. But thats just a guess.

PS-I'll do the logo for 300$ :)

ebrandell.com

Manzana

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Orange County, CA
ok, let's axe the database.

i don't think he'd be willing to pay that much.

how much for a pretty basic html site, containing contact, info, email and pictures?

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
You get what you pay for in this world, just like tires. If you want a full inventory management solution, a quality design...8-12k easy.

If you want purley stastic, 4-5k

These are of course professional prices.

Manzana

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Orange County, CA
what software would i need if i planned on doing this myself?

just spoke to him and now he wants to keep it simple, hire a graphic designer for the logo and maybe i can set up a simple site, with contact info, maps to locations, pictures, and links to manufacturers

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Dreamweaver? Photoshop CS2? Flash/Fireworks/etc

iWeb:p

Just to give a few examples.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.