Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simontarr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
England
OK, there is a thread already about external hard drives, but a lot of people have just posted images from the manufactures website. That great, cos you get to see loads of different ones (I like the MacPro-esque DRIVE) But I'd like to see a few pics of the drives next to your Macs.

May sound weird, but I'm thinking of getting a new external drive, and want to see what certain ones look like next to an iMac (or any mac for that matter) I heard that the MiniStack drives aren't the same colour as the Mac Mini (which would annoy me)

So basically I'm looking for the most aesthetically pleasing external drives :D
Most external drives look rubbish, so if I can see a few good ones, then that would be grand!

Feel free to remove this thread if the general concensus is "a complete waste of a post" :D

------------

EDIT - A little information about their performance would be good as well.

furious

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
bing! :lightbulb: here's is an idea. start a post your toothbrush thread. and if you start a thread you should start it off. so post a pic of your mac and external hdd.

simontarr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
England
furious said:
bing! :lightbulb: here's is an idea. start a post your toothbrush thread. and if you start a thread you should start it off. so post a pic of your mac and external hdd.

Well I can't really...I started the thread to see what others had because I was looking to buy a new one. So I don't currently have one atm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.