Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
To make vBulletin inform a user that they cannot save an avatar until they have 500 posts when they try to save one in CP? :confused:

Like the pop up that comes up when you try to log out?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
But it's there already... :confused:

Attachments

• 500posts.jpg
    500posts.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 99

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
The problem is though that people are either too daft or too lazy to go reading stuff like that. And of course, posting a thread about it and putting a few "OMG 500 posts WTF????? :confused: :confused: " replies in when the rule is pointed out helps them chip away a little at the magic 500. ;)

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Yes, assuming the perpetrators can't read, the graphic illustration would do nicely :D

I remember how frustrating it was when I first joined and I couldn't do various things on the forum. It seems hard to 'fit in' when you're denied the same privileges as everybody else. Of course, once I had an avatar I realised that it had bugger all to do with fitting in and that a tiny little picture can't possibly be as important as just not being a retard.

L

Lau

Jaffa Cake said:
Fantastic. But it still doesn't explain why they can't post in the Political Forum or the Marketplace... ;)

Don't make me come over there. ;)

I wouldn't imagine that it was that hard to set up a window like the log out one, but then I know nothing. :eek:

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
I think the rule should be changed, to 450 posts!

miniConvert said:
........I realised that it had bugger all to do with fitting in and that a tiny little picture can't possibly be as important as just not being a retard.

Oh well, never mind. Apparently I'm screwed either way.......:D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Lau said:

I wouldn't imagine that it was that hard to set up a window like the log out one, but then I know nothing. :eek:

Be gentle, he's dealing with the chavalanche™ after all.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Jaffa Cake said:
Fantastic. But it still doesn't explain why they can't post in the Political Forum or the Marketplace... ;)

The last one who complained about not being able to post in Marketplace hasn't responded to the lashing he'd been given.

Lau said:

That gives me an idea. Perhaps, every time they try to do the wrong thing, they should be logged out and perhaps further, transferred to a web site concerning patience and spiritual enlightenment.

L

Lau

bousozoku said:
That gives me an idea. Perhaps, every time they try to do the wrong thing, they should be logged out and perhaps further, transferred to a web site concerning patience and spiritual enlightenment.

I think there may be an (ex?) member who would have been happy to help them along the path to enlightenment. For only $19.99. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.