Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
I don't know if I am in the right place but here it goes.

I have Direct tv dvr, I would like to know if I can hook it up to a mac computer so that i can burn the old movies from TCM and AMC channels. My dvr is getting full and I would hate to lose the movies on it. I could get a dvd recorder but y? If I am getting a mac?

I have asked the sales people at the Apple stores but they didn't really give me an answer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
savanahrose said:
I don't know if I am in the right place but here it goes.

I have Direct tv dvr, I would like to know if I can hook it up to a mac computer so that i can burn the old movies from TCM and AMC channels. My dvr is getting full and I would hate to lose the movies on it. I could get a dvd recorder but y? If I am getting a mac?

I have asked the sales people at the Apple stores but they didn't really give me an answer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

well, i don't have a DVR, but if it has audio/video out jacks (some have s-video too), then you only need a digital converter like an eyetv or a canopus advc-110. i just sold my advc-100 which i had hooked up to my sat. receiver. the 100 was firewired to my mac...used either final cut or vidi TV to record Tv. should work the same. you would take the dv file and convert to mpeg2..budda boom...budda bing,,,you're good to go :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.