Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Hey,

So I have my new Nano, which I love. It's all sync'd with iTunes at home. Great.

Well now I'm at work, and not only can I not sync my iPod with iTunes here to copy all my lovely music but I can't even play songs off my iPod or view them on the iPod in the Finder. What's with that?

Any advice greatfully received. Basically I want my music library at home to remain my primary library, but I want to be able to play my music on my Mac at work. It was half the point of buying an iPod - so I could take my music library with me wherever I go.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
All the songs are in hidden folders on your Ipod.

Also If you sync an ipod up to another computer, it will remove all of its songs, then copy all the songs in THAT itunes library.

interpolic

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2006
Newcastle, Australia
If you set your iPod as "manually manage songs etc" after you sync it at home, you will be able to play the songs at work and even load more songs on at work.

However, any new songs you load on at work will be erased if you set it back to auto sync at home and let it sync

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Original poster
interpolic said:
If you set your iPod as "manually manage songs etc" after you sync it at home, you will be able to play the songs at work and even load more songs on at work.

However, any new songs you load on at work will be erased if you set it back to auto sync at home and let it sync
I'll give that a whirl, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.