PDA

View Full Version : iMac G3 memory upgrade question

ak2384
Oct 10, 2006, 07:36 AM
I was wondering if it was possible to use PC133 memory instead of PC100 memory to upgrade my iMac G3 400Mhz slot load dvd computer. I've no problems with this when performing memory upgrades on a PC but being a new Mac convert I thought it wise to ask first.

Thanks in advance everyone :D

Scarlet Fever
Oct 10, 2006, 07:41 AM
it may cause problems, but the only way to know is to try. Why can't you get certified RAM?

ak2384
Oct 10, 2006, 08:33 AM
I currently have several vintage PCs which use PC133 sticks of memory so I simply thought I could save a few bucks by using those rather than buying new.

I find that it would an appropriate ending of my PC life and introduction into my new Mac life by sacrificing the PC components to better my Mac..

:eek:

California
Oct 10, 2006, 10:48 AM
I currently have several vintage PCs which use PC133 sticks of memory so I simply thought I could save a few bucks by using those rather than buying new.

I find that it would an appropriate ending of my PC life and introduction into my new Mac life by sacrificing the PC components to better my Mac..

:eek:

Dude, I've never had problems with PC133 on any of the about ten iMac G3s I've upgraded. Let us know. they sail on 1 gig of ram... you'd be surprised!

ak2384
Oct 10, 2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the reply California, I had suspected the same.
I shall proceed with the PC sacrifice.. muha ha ha ha..

prodigiousfool
Oct 10, 2006, 05:19 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to use PC133 memory instead of PC100 memory to upgrade my iMac G3 400Mhz slot load dvd computer. I've no problems with this when performing memory upgrades on a PC but being a new Mac convert I thought it wise to ask first.

Thanks in advance everyone :D

I just got the exact same machine and put in 2x512 of PC133 SDRAM and it went in without a problem. Just think i'd easy any lingering concerns you might have had. Good Luck!

Dane