Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
I've now worked out that the Timbuk2 is not for me, as I need something that:

- Protects the machine on all sides.
- Has at least one other storage compartment or pocket.
- Has a shoulder strap so that I can carry it whilst pushing the stroller.
- Is not too big and bulky or expensive.

I've read the other two threads about 17" bags, now I just want to see if anyone out there has something that meets all these criteria.

I've looked at the following sites (but I'd prefer a personal review of the product rather than just reading the limited info on the websites):

- Tom Bihn
- Timbuk2
- Willow Designs
- Waterfield Designs
- MacCase
- Booq
- Sportfolio

Also, can anyone tell me if a portrait orientated case (ie pulling it out from the side of the machine) would make it more likely to force the screen to warp slightly with constant gripping from the side?

Thanks,
Chuck.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
more discussion in the other thread is probably better I agree with über.

499..... what and where will the next post be....

Chuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
Sorry, I know I'm cluttering up the boards... It's just that now that I know the Timbuk2 isn't suitable, I didn't know if people with other brands would read it... The thing is I have to order one today if I want it by Easter when I go home... It was a bad choice of wording for the subject of my first thread....

Sorry : (

Chuck.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Its an easy fix for next time. Just make a thread and title it "17in Powerbook Case" instead of a specific brand in your frist thread and for the second be more specific about what your actually looking for.

500 Yayyyyyyyyyyy Time to upload the avatar.

Chuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
Which case do you have again übergeek? Any comments?

Chuck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.