PDA

View Full Version : MDD 1.24 G4 freezing - need help

adynon
Oct 11, 2006, 09:17 PM
hey guys,
I have just got my MDD 1.25 back from being repaired (had the processor replaced) however since i have got it back I have noticed that it keeps freezing, the whole screen just locks up.

This happens all the time I have had it happen 4 times already today and I don't think that my g4 even froze that meany times in the whole 3 years i had it before it was repaired.

Anyone have any ideas to fix this? it getting quite annoying!

Also it seems to be freezing the majority of times when im either watching videos, viewing multimedia web content, and other large graphics content.

Thanks for your great support again guys!

Cheers
Anthony

knome
Oct 12, 2006, 12:02 AM
take it back to where you got it repaired.

disconap
Oct 14, 2006, 05:32 PM
Make sure your firmware is up to date; I was having that problem with an upgrade until I installed a firmware patch. It shouldn't be the problem if they replaced it with OEM parts, but you never know, and it's usually a good idea to have the most current Apple firmware in place regardless. Search through the Apple support archives for your model's firmware, and check the number on the site against the one in your system profile.

pastrychef
Oct 14, 2006, 08:58 PM
Sounds like a faulty CPU to me...

Lord Blackadder
Oct 14, 2006, 10:10 PM
take it back immediately - my guess is that the CPU is still not right; it might be poorly seated or overheating for some reason.