Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterhaunted604

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2006
so I am doing a dvd for a school project and was wondering if there is any way to lift clips from sites such as youtube to put into Imovie for editing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

steebu

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2005
In Safari just open the Activity window and double-click on the file name ending in .flv, but make sure you start downloading after the whole movie has loaded in Youtube.

Then you have to take it into a video converter like iSquint to convert it into an mpeg4 or h264 file.

Easy stuff. I download tons of stuff into my video iPod this way. Works like a charm.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Scarlet Fever said:
error - page not found

I didn't see the page when it was working, but allow me to summarise how I do it:

1. Start playing video.
2. Go to Window > Activity.
3. Option-double-click the video file (it'll be the one in the megabytes).
4. iSquintify.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
peterhaunted604 said:
because I am a lazy bastard thats why

oh, and thanks:)

It shows if you're willing to steal someone else's work for your own project and most likely claim ownership of said project. But to answer your question, yes there is a way.

peterhaunted604

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2006
jessica. said:
It shows if you're willing to steal someone else's work for your own project and most likely claim ownership of said project. But to answer your question, yes there is a way.

actually I am just looking for clips on the effects of various drugs...but no I am not going to claim that I travelled around the world and videotaped these things myself but thanks for the mini lecture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.