PDA

View Full Version : How would I go about doing this? (an effect in Final Cut Studio)

nsknike
Oct 12, 2006, 08:38 PM
Here is a link to the video

http://files.filefront.com/WalshyFinalzip/;5425282;;/fileinfo.html

I want to do the effect that is used at 1 minute and 18 seconds to 1 minute and 22 seconds? I am using Final Cut Studio.

Edit: I would also like to know how to do the effect at 3 minutes and 7 seconds.

Any help would be great.

pdpfilms
Oct 12, 2006, 10:05 PM
Here is a link to the video

http://files.filefront.com/WalshyFinalzip/;5425282;;/fileinfo.html

I want to do the effect that is used at 1 minute and 18 seconds to 1 minute and 22 seconds? I am using Final Cut Studio.

Edit: I would also like to know how to do the effect at 3 minutes and 7 seconds.

Any help would be great.
That's a large file you're asking us to download. Can you describe the effect, or post the specific segments you're referring to? We'd love to help.

edcrosay
Oct 12, 2006, 10:41 PM
that download is taking forever...
I'll try and help out when its done in a half hour.

edcrosay
Oct 12, 2006, 11:25 PM
It would be easier in After Effects... but you can probably do this in FCP.
I would create a PSD of the image you want and place in a the first layer.
On the second layer, create a black matte covering the whole image and, using keyframes, move it along a path to where it would gradually uncover the image.
The split screen movement would be on a third layer, and you would just use keyframes to change the cropping info.

The flashing at 3:05 is a little more difficult, and I couldn't tell you off the top of my head...

Hope that helps.

edcrosay
Oct 12, 2006, 11:30 PM
On second thought,
The flashing effect can probably be done by creating an image of the glow in photoshop and placing the PSD in FCP. Then just adjust the opacity of the glow so it looks like it is flashing.

nsknike
Oct 13, 2006, 12:44 AM
Thanks very much for your help, now I just have to buy Photoshop :rolleyes:

edcrosay
Oct 13, 2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks very much for your help, now I just have to buy Photoshop :rolleyes:
You can use any other image editing software that would save a .png file with transparencies. Photoshop is just the most robust.
You can download a free trial of Macromedia Fireworks. It is fully functional, but wont work after 30 days.