Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Hey,
So about a week ago i made the mistake of installing vista on my macbook pro. I tried deleting it via bootcamp and that didn't work. It said that it had restored my hd to the original partition. It didn't do as that, assuming that it can't yet delete vista.

So what else can i do? After looking around the net i keep hearing about how people deleted this 200mb partition of something and how restoring it can help delete vista. But i never deleted such a partition. I remeber seeing it but i just let it be.

I've also restarted from the Mac OS X install disk cd to try and run disk utility from there. It sees the vista partition but can't delete it or manipulate it.

So yeah...any help would be much appreciated. I'll be googling for some answers and if i find one before anyone replies i'll post it here.

Thanks,
Amoda

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Try repairing your hd from Disk Utility (booting from install CDs), then try deleting it again with BootCamp Assistant. If that doesn't work, back up you hd to an external drive, and reformat. Or you could try iPartition.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Hey,

Found this solution a couple of days ago but forgot to update this post.

For those of you in my position try to get your hands on a legal copy of xp. Run bootcamp and install xp over vista. It will ask you things like "are you sure? it will erase all data already on this drive etc"

After that simply run bootcamp and it will be able to remove xp without a hitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.