PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the killer iPod

MacBytes
Oct 13, 2006, 11:32 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Attack of the killer iPod (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20061014003245)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

mainstreetmark
Oct 14, 2006, 08:29 AM
It sure is a good thing we don't have any wars or disease outbreaks to worry about anymore.

Now all we have to worry about is a sore iPod finger.

someguy
Oct 14, 2006, 08:47 AM
I'm not even going to finish this article.

What?

I sa- ugh, I SAID, I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO-

Forget it.

<cranks nano volume to full blast>

<doesn't actually have a nano>

thegreatluke
Oct 14, 2006, 09:21 AM
I love the part about the hearing loss, even though that's been fixed for... how many months now?

That's like saying the Oomp.A virus is still destroying Macs everywhere... even though that affected a whopping zero to two people.

xtbfx
Oct 14, 2006, 11:18 AM
iCan't believe I tried to read this article.

I should've heeded the warnings of the other posts here, but noooo, I had to find out for my own.

This writer should be shot just for using titles like:
"iSTRAIN", "iDISTRACTION", "iLONLINESS"

What a moron.

killmoms
Oct 14, 2006, 02:00 PM
It's more hoopla just because the iPod is popular.

News flash: IT'S THE SAME AS A PORTABLE CD PLAYER, JUST MORE CONVENIENT. Portable CD players have been commonplace for YEARS, way more penetration there than iPods, and yet I don't remember hysterical articles claiming the Discman was going to lead to to hearing loss and the death of communication. Retarded.

WildCowboy
Oct 14, 2006, 02:03 PM
News flash: IT'S THE SAME AS A PORTABLE CD PLAYER, JUST MORE CONVENIENT.

But now there's the added danger of "iPod finger!"

I'm amazed Apple is allowed to continue selling these things...

:rolleyes:

winmacguy
Oct 14, 2006, 06:38 PM
I love the part about the hearing loss, even though that's been fixed for... how many months now?

That's like saying the Oomp.A virus is still destroying Macs everywhere... even though that affected a whopping zero to two people.
That might be why I posted the article with an "Opinion" tag;)

Lixivial
Oct 14, 2006, 10:05 PM
Oh the woe is too great for iSuffer from the iLONELINESS. If only I hadn't had this cursed iPod Finger, others may appreciate my unique genius! Woe... :(

On a more serious note, I'm so going to wish iPod Finger upon my worst enemies now.

babyj
Oct 14, 2006, 10:14 PM
I really don't get that hearing loss thing.

Seems to me people are trying to hold Apple responsible for their own stupidity in not turning the volume level down. I can't believe a law suit like that would even be given a date for an initial hearing. Crazy.

I just got a new 5g iPod to replace my Mini. I used to have the volume on max on the Mini, but I can't go above 2/3rds on the 5G - its far too loud. Probably the first sign of old age, lots of things are too loud for me now.

sushi
Oct 15, 2006, 12:10 AM
But now there's the added danger of "iPod finger!"

I'm amazed Apple is allowed to continue selling these things...
Really! :D

Guess it just shows that anybody can write an article. :eek: :D

mainstreetmark
Oct 16, 2006, 07:46 AM
I just got a new 5g iPod to replace my Mini. I used to have the volume on max on the Mini, but I can't go above 2/3rds on the 5G - its far too loud. Probably the first sign of old age, lots of things are too loud for me now.

I've found that if you're sitting in a library, there is such a thing as "too loud", but when you're on a subway or airplane or something, my ancient 3G has to run in full-blast mode for me to hear it.

I'm glad that Apple put in that feature that lets the user set their own max, seemingly adapting to their own unique environment (New York, vs Kansas).

someguy
Oct 16, 2006, 09:03 AM
I really don't get that hearing loss thing.

Seems to me people are trying to hold Apple responsible for their own stupidity in not turning the volume level down. I can't believe a law suit like that would even be given a date for an initial hearing. Crazy.
On this same note, I think I'm going to sue Mitsubishi. I got a speeding ticket in one of their cars, and I think it's their fault for manufacturing a vehicle capable of speeds higher than the speed limit. It's just awful.. and in no way any fault of my own. :rolleyes:

P.S. Initial hearing. Loving the irony. :D

mrsebastian
Oct 16, 2006, 11:41 AM
[bleep] you. give me a break. i'm so sick and tired of this kinda [bleep]. hey [bleep], first, turn the music down once in a while. second, here's a lawsuit idea for you, for which i expect my standard 18% fee...

douchebag vs. hooters of america. premise: taste buds are ruined for life, because that big fat plate of "hot wings" you ate didn't come with a written warning that your "HOT [bleep] wings" may be spicy.