PDA

View Full Version : TETRIS - Who loves it?

mike dunx
Oct 15, 2006, 08:21 PM
I love this game. My favorite version is the original for gameboy. It's also pretty fun on my iPod too. Who else loves Tetris here?

kretzy
Oct 15, 2006, 08:24 PM
I'm a complete addict - always have been. I had the Gameboy version which was good. I use Quinn on my PB now which is also pretty good. I think the best version I ever played was Super Tetris on my LCII, it had bombs and other cool stuff.

mike dunx
Oct 15, 2006, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty addicted too. I used to get bored in class and then I would just start drawing tetris blocks and fitting them together on my paper. It would get pretty intense at times.

Steve Jobless
Oct 15, 2006, 08:39 PM
lmao^

is there a tetris for osx? the other game options suck

Lau
Oct 15, 2006, 08:39 PM
I love Tetris too, and Quinn (http://simonhaertel.de/) is great for playing it on the Mac. I do think the old Gameboy cross pad is the best for playing it though. It's just the most simple perfect game ever, and satisfies any OCD tendencies I have to line things up. :p I also like playing games to have a think, and this is one of those games it's nice to lose yourself in and have a think about stuff.

There's a good widget called Mini Dropper (http://www.vanillasoap.com/widgets/) (they also do many other nice mini things) that is a good simple way to play it if you're running Tiger.

SamIchi
Oct 15, 2006, 08:40 PM
I *raises hand*

My favorite version was Tetris DX version for gameboy; it had a couple new modes. Played that one a lot.

Cybix
Oct 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
tetris rocks. I play it a fair bit on my DS Lite. i even had a bash at playing against others over the internet... I got whipped. I thought I was good at it, I dont stand a chance online! crazy fast. :rolleyes:

mike dunx
Oct 15, 2006, 09:11 PM
As of now I have a gameboy emulator for my computer where I can just play tetris full screen with a usb game controller I have. It's pretty fun.

zap2
Oct 15, 2006, 09:16 PM
I'm a fan....but my friend is a NUT!

He has it on his iPod, and plays it all the TIME....he played it on my DS lite, and loved it.

apfhex
Oct 15, 2006, 09:16 PM
I do. Multiplayer Tetris DS is the best! :cool: Although the Nintendo music gets a little old. I want to hear some of the classic music in mutiplayer.

adrianblaine
Oct 15, 2006, 09:18 PM
I also first got addicted to the original gameboy version. I used to play it so much (on road trips) that I would find myself playing it in my head when not playing it on the gameboy. Kind of a funny feeling actually and made it really hard to fall asleep...

mike dunx
Oct 15, 2006, 09:26 PM
Tetris mania.

Has anyone heard the cover of the Tetris theme song performed by Ozma? I think it's on their web site.. It's called Korobeiniki but it's basically the Tetris theme in a rock song. I showed this song to my brother and he was playing the theme on his guitar for weeks.

Here's (http://www.copticrecords.com/ozma/mp3rep.htm) the link

Silentwave
Oct 15, 2006, 10:36 PM
my sister was tetris-obsessed when I was a young pup. We'd play it on our original 'fat' gameboy (first the gray, then the clear). She took it with her to college so I only got to play occasionally. After a while, though, I got a phone with a Tetris demo. I couldn't buy it because it was on my mom's business acct. and we couldn't get the purchases to work properly. Finally I got a phone after a while that it worked on and I wore out my thumbs in the process. I subsequently got Quinn for my MBP when I heard about it.

Foxglove9
Oct 15, 2006, 10:40 PM
I love Tetris! Still one of my all time favorite games. I like Bombliss a little better, I used to play it on Super Nintendo for hours.

Mavimao
Oct 15, 2006, 10:47 PM
I have my old GBA in the bathroom with the original GB Tetris in it in lieu of magazines. I love that game so much.

mike dunx
Oct 15, 2006, 10:53 PM
I have my old GBA in the bathroom with the original GB Tetris in it in lieu of magazines. I love that game so much.

Haha, I have mine in the car. Bathroom sounds like a more convenient location though. I'd probably just end up taking 2 hour craps though.. so I don't know if that's such a good idea.

solvs
Oct 16, 2006, 01:49 AM
Open Terminal. Type emacs. Hit the ESC key, type x, type tetris, then hit return.

Quinn is cool too though.

ReanimationLP
Oct 16, 2006, 05:14 AM
I love playing Tetris on my original NES system. :D

jdechko
Oct 16, 2006, 08:10 AM
Hooray for Tetris. I wore that thing out on my Gameboy. :D

Dagless
Oct 16, 2006, 08:16 AM
After playing the DS version to mad I can't go back to the GB version. too slow, too rubbish IMO. Though folk get fickle about Tetris. Theres 1 good version and a million bad ones. so it seems!

mike dunx
Oct 16, 2006, 08:22 AM
I should check out the DS version. Being able to play online against people sounds like a fun feature.

AdeFowler
Oct 16, 2006, 08:28 AM
I would find myself playing it in my head when not playing it on the gameboy. Kind of a funny feeling actually and made it really hard to fall asleep...
Same here. I'd actually dream Tetris. Haven't played for years but I'm considering getting it for my 80gb iPod when it arrives, but I'm scared of the nightmares :o

slackersonly
Oct 16, 2006, 09:30 AM
Quinn is great on my iMac.
Age must be slowing me down. I cannot get close to scores that I put up 5-8 years ago.

kretzy
Oct 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
Just out of curiosity what are people's high scores? Mine's 182,423 from 284 lines in Quinn.

astewart
Oct 16, 2006, 10:39 AM
My Girlfriend is a Pro at Tetris.....I Suck, :rolleyes:
She use to play the version that was on the N64...I know there is probably more then a few but I forget the exact name. :confused:

dextertangocci
Oct 16, 2006, 10:43 AM
I prefer ZUMA;)

DougTheImpaler
Oct 16, 2006, 12:57 PM
The question is who *doesn't* love Tetris. Everyone loves Tetris </exaggeration>. I've gotten hooked on Tetris DS, I love the puzzle modes more than the original, which is also pretty awesome. :D

She use to play the version that was on the N64...I know there is probably more then a few but I forget the exact name. :confused:

Tetrisphere. It's awesome, too, in its own quirky way.

decksnap
Oct 16, 2006, 05:07 PM
Just out of curiosity what are people's high scores? Mine's 182,423 from 284 lines in Quinn.

I usually play for lines, not score. My high lines in 371.

I was addicted to Quinn there for a while. :)

rockthecasbah
Oct 16, 2006, 05:47 PM
Tetris is my favorite game of all time. I was so addicted at one point i used to play Tetris DX on my gameboy color while i was watching tv... I have some rediculously high scores but no camera or anything to post so i'll just say im good :p I play on my cell now and then but i don't have as much time as i used to so i can't really rack up the points.

gloss
Oct 16, 2006, 06:01 PM
Surprisingly, I haven't picked up Tetris DS yet. I am, however, hooked on Meteos.

That counts, right? Puzzle game? Falling blocks?

Mac'Mo
Oct 16, 2006, 07:36 PM
Tetris has the highest replay value of ANY game ever made. Thats just the nature of the game. Another game that I'm really hooked on is Minesweeper. Is there anyone else out there who compulsively plays minesweeper whilst writing a paper or reading lecture notes? ....or is it just me?

Chone
Oct 16, 2006, 07:44 PM
Tetris has the highest replay value of ANY game ever made. Thats just the nature of the game. Another game that I'm really hooked on is Minesweeper. Is there anyone else out there who compulsively plays minesweeper whilst writing a paper or reading lecture notes? ....or is it just me?

I do that but with Bejeweled or other small quirky game, some thing that would have taken me like an hour to do would take like 4 hours while playing bejeweled... lol.

YoNeX
Oct 16, 2006, 08:08 PM
Played Tetris (online for a good 8 years, defitantely hooked!) Played variation of the Win32 version TetriNET for a good 4-5 years. Then went over to Tetrinet2 for about a year then, tried Quadra for about a year, then went back to Tetrinet2 for another year till their servers died. So sad. But I can still play though :D Not going to start playing again, because I'm going to get hooked again and can't afford to do that.

Silentwave
Oct 16, 2006, 08:14 PM
i feel so inadequate with only 31,118 in 122 lines...

mike dunx
Oct 16, 2006, 08:41 PM
These are my highscores on original Tetris for Visualboy Advanced

jdechko
Oct 17, 2006, 07:52 AM

Yeah, I've done that. Tetris, Solitaire, Minesweeper, Free Cell, Scorched Earth 3D, whatever. I've even played some Unreal Tournament using the trackpad. :)

Mac'Mo
Oct 17, 2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I've done that. Tetris, Solitaire, Minesweeper, Free Cell, Scorched Earth 3D, whatever. I've even played some Unreal Tournament using the trackpad. :)

ok playing UT is not on the same level as Minesweeper.... haha

brepublican
Oct 17, 2006, 08:22 AM
I love this game. My favorite version is the original for gameboy. It's also pretty fun on my iPod too. Who else loves Tetris here?
So sick, Quinn (Tetris on Mac) is about the only game I have on my Mac. And I play it everytime I get a chance to. Yup :)

MacRumorUser
Oct 17, 2006, 08:23 AM
I play tetris on my 5g ipod & DS Lite and love em both.

But the best version of tetris is the one that came with the original GB period. :)

ezekielrage_99
Oct 17, 2006, 08:42 AM
Tertis, Leisure Suit Larry, Megaman, R-Type it was all good.

Mac'Mo
Oct 17, 2006, 08:54 AM
What's Leisure Suit Larry?

MacRumorUser
Oct 17, 2006, 10:15 AM

:eek:

types : put prophylactic on (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_Suit_Larry)

:D that does makes sense if your old enough to remember the first game

jdechko
Oct 17, 2006, 10:32 AM
ok playing UT is not on the same level as Minesweeper.... haha

So, what's your point? ;) I forgot about NFS:Porsche Unleashed. I played that some too. Really, I just played whatever games were installed on my laptop when class got really boring. I didn't do too badly either (in the courses, that is :p ).

princealfie
Oct 17, 2006, 11:16 AM
I love it since it is Russian.

twistedlegato
Oct 17, 2006, 04:36 PM
LOVE IT!!!

Quinn is what i use!

Mac'Mo
Oct 17, 2006, 04:38 PM
I love it since it is Russian.

In Russia, Tetris Plays You!

ezekielrage_99
Oct 24, 2006, 06:42 AM

When you hit 18 then we can enlighten you ;)

turbopants
Oct 25, 2006, 07:47 AM
I have always loved Tetris. I remember playing the arcade version of it back in the day. Good value for your quarter. And the original Gameboy version that first came with the system was perfect. Now I sometimes play a free online version of Tetris (http://www.play-free-games.org/play-283.html).

GFLPraxis
Oct 25, 2006, 02:58 PM

My favorite is the DS version :D

vniow
Oct 25, 2006, 03:01 PM
Tetris mania.

Has anyone heard the cover of the Tetris theme song performed by Ozma? I think it's on their web site.. It's called Korobeiniki but it's basically the Tetris theme in a rock song. I showed this song to my brother and he was playing the theme on his guitar for weeks.

Here's (http://www.copticrecords.com/ozma/mp3rep.htm) the link

You should hear the techno (http://youtube.com/watch?v=32OF0dvzjG4) version. :D

Jovian9
Oct 25, 2006, 03:52 PM
I love playing Tetris on my original NES system. :D

Same here. I've yet to enjoy it as much on any other system.

Tom B.
Oct 25, 2006, 07:19 PM
I also first got addicted to the original gameboy version. I used to play it so much (on road trips) that I would find myself playing it in my head when not playing it on the Game Boy. Kind of a funny feeling actually and made it really hard to fall asleep...
Same here. I'd actually dream Tetris. Haven't played for years but I'm considering getting it for my 80GB iPod when it arrives, but I'm scared of the nightmares :o
It must be the Tetris Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect).
It has happened to me quite a lot, not just with Tetris, but with Advance Wars & New Super Mario Brothers. Advance Wars made me keep thinking i had a limited amount of turns to do things, e.g. getting up from a chair and putting my iPod in my pocket would take one turn and walking 5 steps would take another! With NSMB, It was hard to read the forums here at MacRumors, because all i would see was Mario running across the screen on lines of text, and ground-pounding his way through the words! :eek:

:) :) :) :) 100th Post!!! :) :) :) :)