PDA

View Full Version : Changing dead logic board on iBook

Tommyboy74
Oct 16, 2006, 01:57 PM
Howdy all,

My logic board is getting ready to crap out for the third time. I hadn't planned on wasting $$ on replacing it, but I have a friend who has an old iBook with a dead screen who told me I could have it. So, my quetion is how hard is it to switch out the logic boards? Has anyone done it? I'd prefer not to pump more money into this thing since it's probably going to die again in 6-9 months.

If anyone has a link on how to do it, or to a more relavent forum, my forever gratitude would be with you.

Also, is there a fan in the 500mHz iBooks? I'm thinking that may be the problem, b/c it's been running incredibly hot lately and have never heard the fan come on.

Jiddick ExRex
Oct 16, 2006, 02:55 PM
www.ifixit.com

razorme
Dec 16, 2006, 01:31 AM
Howdy all,

My logic board is getting ready to crap out for the third time. I hadn't planned on wasting $$ on replacing it, but I have a friend who has an old iBook with a dead screen who told me I could have it. So, my quetion is how hard is it to switch out the logic boards? Has anyone done it? I'd prefer not to pump more money into this thing since it's probably going to die again in 6-9 months.

If anyone has a link on how to do it, or to a more relavent forum, my forever gratitude would be with you.

Also, is there a fan in the 500mHz iBooks? I'm thinking that may be the problem, b/c it's been running incredibly hot lately and have never heard the fan come on.

If your problem is with distorted video, this may help:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=256250

EvryDayImShufln
Dec 16, 2006, 08:29 AM
What makes these logic boards so susceptible to failure anyway?