PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4.. early Titanium model

lozanoj83
Oct 17, 2006, 04:54 PM
Hey all,
I have a PB G4 867MHz running on 1Gb of RAM and Mac OS 10.4.8.
Quick question... my PB has no airport card, and i want to buy one and install it so i can take it and be mobile wherever i go, problem is, im not sure if the airport cards they sell at the Apple Store is the one that can be fit inside my PB... have any of you guys tried this? and if so should I buy it?

Johnathan

Jo-Kun
Oct 17, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hey all,
I have a PB G4 867MHz running on 1Gb of RAM and Mac OS 10.4.8.
Quick question... my PB has no airport card, and i want to buy one and install it so i can take it and be mobile wherever i go, problem is, im not sure if the airport cards they sell at the Apple Store is the one that can be fit inside my PB... have any of you guys tried this? and if so should I buy it?

Johnathan

the first Airport type is what you need (all express versions are for later models only...) or you could go and find a PC card/usb stick from another vendor that works with apple...

I'm not sure if you can get the old type in a macstore, maybe they still have some in stock... or check ebay for one...

WildCowboy
Oct 17, 2006, 05:01 PM
The 867 should have come with the AirPort card pre-installed...are you sure you don't have it?

Anyway, the current AirPort Express cards are not compatible with the model. You need an original AirPort card, which Apple has sold for several years now. You can find them on eBay or in the Marketplace here on occasion. They generally go for $100+, but if you're lucky you'll find a kind soul willing to let one go for a bit less.

Jo-Kun
Oct 17, 2006, 05:06 PM
The 867 should have come with the AirPort card pre-installed...are you sure you don't have it?

check this page: http://support.apple.com/specs/powerbook/PowerBook_G4_1GHz-867MHz.html it states 867 airport ready... so that's why he normally doesn't have it, the 1ghz had it preinstalled...

WildCowboy
Oct 17, 2006, 05:08 PM
check this page: http://support.apple.com/specs/powerbook/PowerBook_G4_1GHz-867MHz.html it states 867 airport ready... so that's why he normally doesn't have it, the 1ghz had it preinstalled...

Oh, wow...thanks. For some reason I thought the 867 came with it standard. I'm slipping in my old age. :o :D

lozanoj83
Oct 17, 2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys, as for the original one, im not sure what happened to it,
they gave it to me yesterday.. it has a bad logic board.. im guessing something to do with the bideo card.. so as long as i dotn watch videos il be fine.. and no sound.. but meh, as long as i can type and do hw ill be fine..
ill lurk around, see if anyone is selling a old airport card.. but yea..
thnx guys :)
and i think it came with a airport card.. but im guessing the owner took it out, or switched it to one of his desktops.. but its all good.. :)

AHDuke99
Oct 17, 2006, 06:05 PM
I'm selling one apple sent me a 3 years or so ago that i never used. my tibook 667mhz i thought didnt come with one but it turns out it did so i kept it but never used it.