PDA

View Full Version : iBook G3 Not Recognizing Airport Password

sadlertj
Oct 19, 2006, 09:47 AM
I have a iMac G5 with an Airport Extreme Card installed and an Airport Express Base Station. I have set a password on it and it is working fine on my G5.

I also have a G3 Clamshell iBook with OS 10.3 on it and an Airport card installed there. In my last home, it was able to connect to a default network without problem, but I have never been able to connect it to the same network as my G5. I enter the password and it says thet the password is not recognized. I have since moved into a new house and the only network that shows up is the one from my house (no default anymore and I can't get access to the internet.

I know the card is working since it picked up the default in my last place, but am wondering what I can do to get it to recognize the password. Should I reset the Airport Express. Do I need a more current version of OS X to run it than the OS 10.3 (I haven't updated the software as I just installed OS 10.3 from OS 10.2 last night and didn't have the connection to be able to do a software update - I could just plug it into the ethernet and do it if I need the update.

I don't want to leave it without a password. We are the only people right now in a new sub division but there will be people moving into the area soon that I don't want jacking my internet service.

Thanks

mad jew
Oct 21, 2006, 01:01 AM
Try using a dollar sign before your password.

$PASSWORD