PDA

View Full Version : Uberglitch - "IPod-Wonder Woman"

Uberglitch
Oct 19, 2006, 06:34 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/4590C5.jpg

Hey gang. This is my first time posting, but I've been following the site for a couple of months now, waiting in vain for news of the MBP w/ a Core 2 Duo ;-) yes, another one of THOSE people.

Anyway, this is the first of a series I did. Probably more forthcoming, some of them came out really well.

rdowns
Oct 19, 2006, 06:39 PM
Sorry to be so cruel on your first post.

Comic Sans?
IPod?

Uberglitch
Oct 19, 2006, 06:43 PM
Sorry to be so cruel on your first post.

Comic Sans?
IPod?

Yea. It was actually deliberate, even the 'IPod" - i wanted to toon it up a little but, give it a few extra tweaks, to keep it from being too close to the real thing, and just to add my own goofy touch.:)

Doctor Q
Oct 19, 2006, 07:37 PM
You named all of your other entries. What do you want to call this one?

Uberglitch
Oct 19, 2006, 07:55 PM
You named all of your other entries. What do you want to call this one?

Hmmm.... let me think... "IPod - Wonder Woman" :-P

plinkoman
Oct 19, 2006, 11:33 PM
ok, but you do realize its "iPod", and not "IPod"; right?

I think in an ad trying to be consistent with apples designs should at least be capitalized properly.

Uberglitch
Oct 20, 2006, 11:42 AM
ok, but you do realize its "iPod", and not "IPod"; right?

I think in an ad trying to be consistent with apples designs should at least be capitalized properly.

I was trying to keep mine distanced from the official versions - so comics sans and the 'IPod' are my own quirks.

plinkoman
Oct 20, 2006, 02:35 PM
I was trying to keep mine distanced from the official versions - so comics sans and the 'IPod' are my own quirks.

right, but the lower case "i" followed by a capitalized word such as Mac or Pod is how apple spells these things. Saying you want to make a proper ad where you go against apples way of doing things is like it weren't even an apple product. IPod is no different in that regard than iPood, or Dell iPod etc...

you want to distance your self and be unique, fine, but unless you're making an advert for something other than an apple product, you actually kinda do have to spell it properly. :cool: