Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kzlambert

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
UK
Just want to know if anyone can terminate my account here at MR. My new job isn't really cool with rumor sites (if you know what I mean ;) )

I PM'ed admin and no reply. Anyone that can help?

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Lets just say for ha ha's that you stay and don't tell them, how will they know. Im not saying that you risk it but do they have ways to find out if your hanging out here.

kzlambert

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
UK
Just being cautious...really worked hard to get this job...aint going to let anything take it away however small :)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
MacNut said:
Lets just say for ha ha's that you stay and don't tell them, how will they know. Im not saying that you risk it but do they have ways to find out if your hanging out here.

Generally, when people use username that appear to be very close to their real names, it's not too hard to figure out if you're looking for a specific name.

Yes, they could change their username or reregister under a different one, but it's not worth even the possibility of losing a job over...

kzlambert

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
UK
WildCowboy said:
Generally, when people use username that appear to be very close to their real names, it's not too hard to figure out if you're looking for a specific name.

Yes, they could change their username or reregister under a different one, but it's not worth even the possibility of losing a job over...

Couldn't have said it better myself

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yes I agree that it is a high risk. Now that said, what if say you don't have any contact with a rumor site and you work for a certain company but you have someone else that lives in the same house and they are active in such a site would there be any issues?

kzlambert

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
UK
miniConvert said:
Of course, you're going to put all the Merom-hangers-on out of their misery before you go. Right? I wish!

Unfortunately not....haven't started yet:)

kzlambert

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
UK
MacNut said:
Yes I agree that it is a high risk. Now that said, what if say you don't have any contact with a rumor site and you work for a certain company but you have someone else that lives in the same house and they are active in such a site would there be any issues?

Not sure....but its not a major loss for me....i only used this site for help. Now I will have a group of pros to go to for help :)

kzlambert

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
UK
Account terminated within the hour...thanks DoctorQ

Thanks for my time here...enjoyed it.... Bye Guys :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Is it possible to change the status when someone leaves from guest to something more official.

Something like "retired" or "inactive"

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
MacNut said:
Is it possible to change the status when someone leaves from guest to something more official.

Something like "retired" or "inactive"
Yes, those might be more informative. But no single short title indicates a reason general enough for all the cases we run into, and some situations involve privacy, so we use Guest as the generic "inactive but not banned" status.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
kzlambert said:
My new job isn't really cool with rumor sites (if you know what I mean ;) )
According to his profile he was/is a fine art student. What kind of job must he have found that causes him to feel he has to leave MR or risk losing the job? MI6? Does MR have communist sympathies that I'm not aware of? Is it that influential? :confused:

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
MrSmith said:
According to his profile he was/is a fine art student. What kind of job must he have found that causes him to feel he has to leave MR or risk losing the job? MI6? Does MR have communist sympathies that I'm not aware of? Is it that influential? :confused:

My guess is that kzlambert is going to work for Apple in which they have an NDA. :)

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
tech4all said:
My guess is that kzlambert is going to work for Apple in which they have an NDA. :)
Ahhh, yes. Perhaps he's going to become Ive's protege*.
*with Frenchy accents over the 'e's

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
spicyapple said:
Why not just log out and never log in again? Just too tempting, eh? :)

I've proven to myself that it's impossible. I even asked them to delete my account when I stepped away from being a moderator but for some reason, people have this thing about being nice and helping people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.