PDA

View Full Version : Anyone preorder a Wii yet?

illegaloperatio
Oct 21, 2006, 05:43 AM
I would sort of like to find one online and avoid tax if possible:p but it doesnt look like any of the usual sources are offering them yet (ie Amazon/buy.com).
I see Lik Sangs offer, but I do not want to deal with an overseas company:eek:

MacRumorUser
Oct 21, 2006, 05:54 AM
I see Lik Sangs offer, but not too sure I want a modchip store somewhere in Hong Kong sitting on my credit card for a month:eek:

What are you talking about ? LikSang are just as reliable and honest as any of the other online retailers.

They have a no charge pre-order policy where once they know how many consoles they will get in - they email you and tell you the cost and models available. You can then say yes or no - YOUR choice.

I've bought a cube, a panasonic Q, and a psp all from them with no issues and have had an account with them for the last 5 years.

Lik-Sang are today the biggest of the online importers and since they had there hands slapped a number of years ago for stocking modchips - they now only sell legit & third party peripherals and games. All there consoles are 100% legit and not modded.

They are not 'SHADY' as you are making out at all. :rolleyes:

Lik-Sang.com & Play-asia.com are both great asian based importers period. But as you are based in the US your not really the cliental they have - they mostly deal with European gamers offering NTSC consoles and games - be it Japanese or American.

illegaloperatio
Oct 21, 2006, 06:18 AM
Well I wish to stay with a US based company since I am in the US.
I obviously offended you while trying to get that point across and I apologize.

MacRumorUser
Oct 21, 2006, 06:36 AM
Well I wish to stay with a US based company since I am in the US.
I obviously offended you while trying to get that point across and I apologize.

^ No bother, it would have simply made more sense to say what you have edited subsequently in the first instance.

DVDBoxoffice.com in Canada have/had pre-orders and are very reliable - but I'm not sure if they are still accepting them.

illegaloperatio
Oct 21, 2006, 06:52 AM
Just as it would have made as much sense for you to leave this thought in your mind
But as you are based in the US your not really the cliental they haveinstead of rambling on about it and then summing it up what I really meant at the end anyway!

Psycho Penguin
Oct 22, 2006, 02:57 AM
I didn't bother. I don't think there's going to be any problem getting one without preordering.

Winstonp
Oct 22, 2006, 08:17 AM
I didn't bother. I don't think there's going to be any problem getting one without preordering.

I'm guessing you're not that serious about aquiring one. A true nintendo fanboy would prioritize.

bobber205
Oct 22, 2006, 11:14 AM
In a week or so, I'm going to start calling SamGoody every couple of days to ask if they know how many more preorders that are taking (they already have 10.)

hellodon
Oct 22, 2006, 11:49 AM
I preordered one at gamestop..they took just as many preorders for wii as they did for ps3 (16 total, 2 for employees, first 14). I got in line before they opened and managed to get one.

There has been a lot of talk about having a ton of units available, but I just don't trust it. Unless you want to stand outside of a store Saturday the 18th, it's probably going to be tough.

The first day isnt going to have the 2 million or whatever they are talking about. They are "promising" that by Christmas total...but who knows. Things never seem to work out like that.

7on
Oct 22, 2006, 11:50 AM
I'm guessing you're not that serious about aquiring one. A true nintendo fanboy would prioritize.

I told my mother to acquire me one for xmas. Considering that I'd rather try and get one free and all.

7on
Oct 22, 2006, 11:50 AM
I preordered one at gamestop..they took just as many preorders for wii as they did for ps3 (16 total, 2 for employees, first 14). I got in line before they opened and managed to get one.

There has been a lot of talk about having a ton of units available, but I just don't trust it. Unless you want to stand outside of a store Saturday the 18th, it's probably going to be tough.

The first day isnt going to have the 2 million or whatever they are talking about. They are "promising" that by Christmas total...but who knows. Things never seem to work out like that.

I think it's 11 million by christmas.

MacRumorUser
Oct 22, 2006, 12:14 PM
Just as it would have made as much sense for you to leave this thought in your mind
instead of rambling on about it and then summing it up what I really meant at the end anyway!

wow arrogance really becomes you doesn't it :rolleyes:

Krevnik
Oct 22, 2006, 12:32 PM
I think it's 11 million by christmas.

Where are all these inflated numbers coming from? First Nintendo says 2-4 million /total/ for the world by the end of the year. Then some analyst claimed that Nintendo was ahead of their targets and would ship up to 7 million by the end of the year. Now I see people saying 6 million for the US by the end of year on digg, and 11 million in this post.

I wouldn't expect more than 1.5-2 million Wiis in North America by Christmas. That is still a pretty aggressive production target considering they are going to be doing weekly shipments to 3 large regions.

To expect more would likely set yourself up for disappointment.

suneohair
Oct 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
pre-ordered mine from EB. Considering the small number of preorders they had I figured it would be a good idea to preorder one.

I may camp out at an early opening store and try to get one too, just in case there is a shortage.

mattcube64
Oct 22, 2006, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah...

http://static.flickr.com/96/268608442_a2d185cdcc_b.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/81/256725930_714ec065a1_o.jpg

:rolleyes:

mac000
Oct 22, 2006, 07:11 PM
I just took a look on Ebay and there are RESERVES being sold for >$1000!!!!

what in the world!! I mean come on, there are so many other retailers that are going to have the Nintendo Wii - Target, WalMart, Circuit City, Best Buy, FYE, who knows who else.

So i mean, with the amount of Units being available on launch day there should be no problem trying to pick one up right? I mean given you put a little effort into the situation

mrsnuffle
Oct 22, 2006, 07:16 PM
anything for a buck. If people are desperate to buy it, people will be willing to pay for it. Just look at when the 360 first came out...

Tommyg117
Oct 22, 2006, 08:12 PM
i preordered it, but i'm gonna PLAY with my wii, no selling for this guy.

Dagless
Oct 25, 2006, 06:52 PM
My mother pre-ordered a wii from play.com what feels like months ago now. Us brits got pre-orders a while back :)
I'm sure you all know the story now. She was reading a magazine which had a feature about the Wii and smiled at it "when are they coming out?" she asked, onto the internet we went :D

Unless I can plug one into my Dell 2005FPW I won't be getting my own one though. VGA dammit.

sarcosis
Oct 25, 2006, 10:02 PM
Toys R Us is going to be doing a Pre-Order this Sunday. Well, we are pretty sure it is Sunday. It will be available to Pre-order whenever the big toy book comes out. And as stated before, many are speculating it to be released this Sunday here in the US.

This has been seen by Go Nintendo at this site http://gonintendo.com/?p=7072. It was also quoted by Toms Hardware. IMO, if it reaches Toms, it's usually credible.