Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
My friend just bought a new MBP and wants to really dig into applications that will
help him at work.

I've shown him most of what I can about MacOSX in general, but his goal is to
put together some top grade Keynote presentations, so I recommended that he
looks for interactive training DVD's

Does anyone know which publishers have the best self paced training material?

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
I've used VTC in the past if I needed to get up to speed on an application quickly. They have hundreds of training videos and you can access their entire library online for $30 per month. You can watch the first few chapters of all their videos for free.

bob5820

macrumors 6502a
Flowbee said:
I've used VTC in the past if I needed to get up to speed on an application quickly. They have hundreds of training videos and you can access their entire library online for $30 per month. You can watch the first few chapters of all their videos for free.
I looked at the site, and did not see iWork 06 listed, only iWork 05

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Thanks for all the input.

He was asking me about books and training in general so I told him I would
see what's available to help him the most.

He has no prior Mac OSX experience, so I'm trying to make this transition as smooth as possible for him.

I know I get lost trying to read all the terminology, so interactive DVD's
would seem to be a better way to learn.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
I have used both the Apple Pro DVDs/books and Lynda.com. Lynda.com allows you use a web subscription or get a DVD. The Apple Pro books often come with bonuses. For instance, When Shake was uber expensive, a 30 licence was included with the book and it was possible to get an extension. Also, if you manage to see Apple at a film festival and to one of their training classes, the books will often be on sale, and the trainers will be able to answer questions and may even direct you to a different book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.