PDA

View Full Version : No swatches in Live Trace Illustrator CS2

Colt
Oct 22, 2006, 01:09 PM
Hey all, I'm new here ><

I've been learning how to use the Live Trace / Live Paint features in Illustrator CS2 recently, and noticed something was wrong. For some reason, when I hit Live Trace, all my swatches dissapear, including gradients, colors, patterns, everything. I can add new colors to the swatches pallete, but it completely removes the default one.

Any idea whats going on? or how to fix it?

Also, if anyone has any good sites for Live Trace info/tutorials, it would be much appreciated, thanks :)

iMeowbot
Oct 22, 2006, 01:21 PM
I've been learning how to use the Live Trace / Live Paint features in Illustrator CS2 recently, and noticed something was wrong. For some reason, when I hit Live Trace, all my swatches dissapear, including gradients, colors, patterns, everything. I can add new colors to the swatches pallete, but it completely removes the default one.
It will do that if you open a bitmap (jpeg, whatever) file in Illustrator and live trace it. You can keep the swatches intact if you start with a new Illustrator document and use File->Place… to import the image you want to trace. Or, you could copy and paste your tracing into another document.