PDA

View Full Version : SamIchi - "OS XII"

SamIchi
Oct 22, 2006, 05:21 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/FC2AD0.jpg

Made this a while a go but modified it for this contest. Mac OSXII, I know all the windows are from the currrent OS, but that's not the point, it's the futuristic feel.

DJ OJ
Oct 22, 2006, 05:26 PM
Not bad, but it seems not apple like. But I don't know. I have had a mac 2 years. Some people have been with macs since the Apple II.

SamIchi
Oct 22, 2006, 05:53 PM
Not bad, but it seems not apple like. But I don't know. I have had a mac 2 years. Some people have been with macs since the Apple II.

It's "future" Apple :D

liketom
Oct 22, 2006, 06:01 PM
i think it's cool - if it had the apple font and no glow round the text that would look spot on :)

Kingsly
Oct 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
Ohhh! Holo-mac!:)

mkrishnan
Oct 22, 2006, 06:33 PM
Very nice. :) But it would figure that OS XII would come out and Microsoft would not have really done anything to update their apps in the meantime! :eek: :D Psssh, if you can throw in a version of MSN Messenger: Mac that does video conferencing in that mockup, it'll be golden. ;)

Me1000
Oct 22, 2006, 07:27 PM
Thats Frakking sweet!!!!

one thing i think by the time apple does that, it will be OS XX or something lol!

Cant wait to see the expose' on that thing!

SamIchi
Oct 22, 2006, 09:20 PM
For everyone saying that it doesn't look really "Apple" I wasn't tryin' to completely go for the current Apple look since this is "supposedly" in the future. I initially had the Apple logo black too. :D It's a change of direction for Apple.

Another thing, is it ok that I put "Apple OS XII" instead of "Mac OS XII"? I didn't even think about it. The "Apple" probably should be in the lower left where the "mac" is and vice versa...

Very nice. :) But it would figure that OS XII would come out and Microsoft would not have really done anything to update their apps in the meantime! :eek: :D Psssh, if you can throw in a version of MSN Messenger: Mac that does video conferencing in that mockup, it'll be golden. ;)

Hah, very true about the Microsoft.

Thats Frakking sweet!!!!

one thing i think by the time apple does that, it will be OS XX or something lol!

Cant wait to see the expose' on that thing!

I had to keep it somewhat in the near future because it's just a picture of my desk with a bunch of wires everywhere, and a Gatorade Rain bottle there. I think by the time we get screens to appear in open space there won't be any wires, and plus the apps aren't any different. I had to comprimise.

ozontheroad
Oct 23, 2006, 03:02 PM
I'll take 2 please.

nice work mate!

Clive At Five
Oct 24, 2006, 12:34 PM
very nice...

...but OS "twelve?"

or OS X, II?

hehe

-Clive

iKwick7
Oct 24, 2006, 12:43 PM
I really, really like it! I also agree though- is it OS X 2 or OS 12? :)

SamIchi
Oct 24, 2006, 10:27 PM
very nice...

...but OS "twelve?"

or OS X, II?

hehe

-Clive

I really, really like it! I also agree though- is it OS X 2 or OS 12? :)

That's for the viewer to decide :p It seemed like a fitting name to represent the reletive future. So it encompasses either the next OS, OSX-2, or the one after the next one, OS12. :D

briantology
Oct 27, 2006, 12:45 AM
That's pretty rad. It's like Minority Report, but nothing here is 'wrong'.

iRachel
Oct 28, 2006, 11:45 PM
I like it - very cool looking. I wish it were real.:)

Jasonbot
Oct 29, 2006, 09:11 AM
I love the DESK-top widgets:D

Doctor Q
Oct 29, 2006, 10:45 PM
I'd be a tiny bit surprised if Apple used a MacRumors screen in one of their ads.

xUKHCx
Oct 30, 2006, 05:25 AM
Love the calculator on the desk. i think it should be OS XXX

wmmk
Nov 3, 2006, 07:25 PM
I'd be a tiny bit surprised if Apple used a MacRumors screen in one of their ads.
i wouldn't. i mean, Steve Jobs is the uncle of some guy who got banned last week!