PDA

View Full Version : wow trial help

thebiggoose
Oct 22, 2006, 05:48 PM
I got a wow trial key off of fileplant and dled teh game...but when creating an accoutn it says I need a credit card....but I'm only 15 I ahve none...do I really need a credit card?

miniConvert
Oct 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
For the trial? I didn't think so. Maybe what you have is an actual game code, in which case yes, you need a credit or debit card so Blizzard can start billing you once the free trial is over.

Awesome game, worth buying, not acquiring :p

thebiggoose
Oct 22, 2006, 06:06 PM
i don't know what's going on...but I did the create account thing up until it said eneter a credit card...then I closed my browser window and opened WoW and enetered the name and pass I just created...it said authenticating for a second and now it's downloading the patch (460 megs) so I THINK IT WORKED!!!!:)

miniConvert
Oct 22, 2006, 06:11 PM
I'm not actually sure if the details have to be correct to download patches, but good luck.

thebiggoose
Oct 22, 2006, 06:48 PM
yu were right....after dling and installign teh patches it told me my information wasnt correct...but it is telling me i need a credit card

miniConvert
Oct 22, 2006, 06:51 PM
You'll need a parent or guardian to get you going :)

Better start thinking of convincing arguments as to why you need WoW ;)

slackersonly
Oct 22, 2006, 06:55 PM
u must have a credit card to play even the trail.
u will not be charged. after the trial, u will just be able to log in until you buy the retail version (which comes with more 'free' time) and then after that, you will be charged.