Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Ah yes, here we go again. I've searched this topic on google, but havn't found much help on this subject. I've setup my machine with windows running on it. So, I have 2 partitions. 1 my Mac OS X and 1 my Windows. I really want to have another partition available to my OS X. This is what I want the paritions to look like:

Mac HD
Windows
Data

How (or is there any way) can I go about making that Data partition, I've heard you can only do this through windows, but it can make things go wonky. Is this currently impossible and we have to wait/pray that Apple makes bootcamp able to make multiple partitions? Or is there some trick/program out there can help me easily do this without troubles?

Thanks in advance.

peas

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2006
did you want 3 partitions on 1 drive?

use disk utility in osx. im guessing it's no harder than that.
i have my os's on seperate hd's but this iis how i formatted my fat32's for swapping

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
peas said:
did you want 3 partitions on 1 drive?

use disk utility in osx. im guessing it's no harder than that.
i have my os's on seperate hd's but this iis how i formatted my fat32's for swapping

i tried, but your not allowed to install windows without bootcamp, the partitions don't show up properly when trying to install windows. Perhaps it'd work with multiple HD's, but i don't want my windows on my external drive.

AndreasMuc

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2006
Hi everybody,

I have the same problem. I really want to keep my OS X Installation and my user data on separate partitions on the internal drive of my MacBookPro. I would like to have a third partition dedicated to Windows XP.

Is there any way that BootCamp will let me use an existing partition for my WinXP installation or do I really have to create a partition for WinXP during BootCamp installation?

If the latter is true, is there still no way to create the WinXP partition with BootCamp if the drive is already divided into two partitions? Even with the latest BootCamp update?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,

Andreas

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.