Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furthur

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2003
First, is it possible with an Apple pro mouse to perform "right click" features? For instance on IE all I have to do to download a picture is click the mouse on the pic, drag it slightly to the right and then select "download image to disk" from the menu. But on Safari the menu doesn't appear. So how can I download individual pictures?

Also, is there any way to turn off the "history" feature on Safari as you can on IE?

Thanks for the help.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
the "right click" feature is available in the friggin operating system!
to download pics in safari 73, hold down option and click once.
to get the menu, hold down ctrl and click once.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
neither camino nor safari have implemented the click-and-hold menus of mozilla/netscape. i'm assuming that it's against the HIG, but so is a brushed metal browser and tabs that come down from the top. i'm not complaining about those features at all, but why not show a little love to us pro-mousers?

furthur

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2003
Thanks!

Appreciate the help. This should lead to more time on Safari!

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by übergeek
the "right click" feature is available in the friggin operating system!
to download pics in safari 73, hold down option and click once.
to get the menu, hold down ctrl and click once.

um, he meant the ability to do it without using the keyboard. i miss this functionality a great deal, i don't know why apple hasn't implemented it... drag and drop sucks too, and they invented that one.

i just assume they're features to be added later---

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.