Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
UK
Yesterday I finally received my 1.83Ghz Core Duo Mac Mini, it looks great on my 20" Widescreen monitor and I have spent the last 2 days installing software and seeing how different it is to Windows.

The only odd thing I have noticed so far is that every time I restart or shut down the volume will reset back to about 60% even though I have turned it up or down, is this normal or is there some setting that I have missed somewhere? :confused:

Cheers for any help!

sebf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
UK
It seems a bit odd because for awhile it was remembering the last volume setting. Now its gone back to resetting at 60% each time I shutdown or restart.

I tried resetting the PRAM which seemed to reset my screen resolution but the volume setting is still lost when shutting down/restarting.

Its not really much of a problem just a bit annoying as I have to turn up the volume each time I open up iTunes.

Has any one else had this problem or is there some strange Unix command I can tweak somewhere?

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
I've never seen this. Do you remember if you had the problem before you installed 2 days worth of software? Any of that software related to sound?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.