Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
how is this store... in terms of their pricing amount the B&M retail stores?

has anyone tried their extend warrenty, i was there past weekend, and the guy told me that warrenty covers anything other than fire and theft...

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2005
California
they are a good B&M store... the warranty is for real. the only downside is if something does happen to the camera than it takes about a month or so to get it repaired.

I have bought my d50 through them and the plan. as for pricing they are average. but there are many stores around at least in my area (san diego) i can think of 4 of the top of my head.

they also have their own camera brand, Quantaray.

Hope I helped :)

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
the thing is... if i buy from amazon, then it's about 200 cheaper for the whole thing w/o the warrenty (tax and such)... and the warrenty itself is about her 400... so 600... do you think it's worth it? i mean, i then will have peace of mind, and i can go them and ask questions without feeling further obligated :)

crazyeyes

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
Easton PA
Hi i actually work at Ritz now and before i started there i bought my D50 from them and got the 1 year plan cause that is all i could afford and i can say the warranty already paid for itself. I had to send my camera out for a hot pixel on the sensor and Nikon said it was due to drop or impact and it would have been $225 to fix but it was covered free of charge under the warranty through ritz. I think their warranty's are great but like already stated they do take 4-6 weeks for repairs and if there is a parts delay can be even longer mine has been gone almost 9 weeks now but Nikon is waiting on parts. Other than the time period for repairs it is great.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
hey... i saw on the wolf camera (whom i believe is same as Ritz?) website that online order are tax free (and if it's shipped to a state that require tax, they subtract that from the price...) do you know if it's true in store as well? that is, no tax (or no tax on item over a certain price?) Thanks..

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
bearbo said:
hey... i saw on the wolf camera (whom i believe is same as Ritz?) website that online order are tax free (and if it's shipped to a state that require tax, they subtract that from the price...) do you know if it's true in store as well? that is, no tax (or no tax on item over a certain price?) Thanks..

Not true for instore.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
I used to work there...A bunch tools they are. They will push certain products because they get corporate kickbacks on just about every manufacturer except canon. When I didn't push their camera of the day/week/moth I would get a ******** lecture in which I ignored and proceeded to tell them I will sell what the cust. wants not what you want them to have. Then I would get the weekend off;) Their warranty is HELL. It has to go to thier repair center first and has to be approved by corporate if it is to be replaced and 9 times out of 10 they will give you a used peice of equipment. This process takes on average about 6-10 weeks. If you have an AMEX card it will cover the same and cover theft. Even as an employee there THEY CUT MY NEGATIVES and said 'Sorry We didn't cut your negatives'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.