PDA

View Full Version : MAC ibook G3 Help - Restore CD's

rjfal
Oct 26, 2006, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my 1st posting and this is my 1st MAC I have ever owned...I am a PC ( sorry ) person by nature but have heard so many wonderful things about MAC's that I decided to take the plunge.:)

Long story short, I have an ibook G3 Blueberry Clamshell. It is a 366MHz. It has OS9 loaded on it but it came from a School that was selling them to the public. It came with MAC Restore CD's and they say 9.0.4 on them. They also say to hold down the C key when booting.

Well I get all that but here is my dilemma. confusedI want to wipe the HDD clean and do a "fresh install" of ONLY the OS. How do I get the HDD to be "wiped clean" and back to just OS9 ?...I tried it last night and it ran - but then all the files were still there.....HELP. I also bought an Imac Blueberry G3 Monitor shaped PC and was wondering if the stpes to wipe the OS off of the ibook were the same as the Blueberry?....Awaiting everyones response.....You can also e-mail me at rjfal@aol.com.

Thanks

Rob

mad jew
Oct 26, 2006, 07:41 PM
I haven't worked much with OS9 but during the install process, you should come upon a screen that lest you reformat the drive. If you reformat the drive and then install the OS, it will have erased all the data. Hopefully someone far more knowledgeable can be more specific. Good luck and welcome to Macs. :)

Mernak
Oct 27, 2006, 07:28 PM
It may be a "archive and install" option checked somewhere (which saves the data but reinstalls the OS), but I'm not familiar with OS9, so I don't know exactly where it would be.