PDA

View Full Version : Small microphone for macbook pro?

cLin
Oct 27, 2006, 02:04 AM
I want to get a microphone for my macbook pro since the built in one sucks. I use it only for recording my class lectures using Microsoft Word on high settings. I am usually 10-20 feet away from the teacher and the only thing I hear when I listen to the audio is the clicking og my keyboard and a soft mumbling of my teacher (I can barely hear it when I turn the volume all the way up).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of any mic that is small enough so I can clip onto the laptop lcd screen top like how some tv hosts clip it on the collar (but instead, i'll just putit on the top so hopefully it can pick up the sound better) and point it towards the teacher. The micflex actually looks pretty good but I was wondering if there was any other products out there.

Granted, I doubt I'll find any studio quality microphones for that small a size but anything close would be nice. Or is this just something software can easily fix? If so, someone please point me to the right direction or help me :(

Cybix
Oct 27, 2006, 02:30 AM
get a clip-on mic and ask your teacher/lecturer's to wear it..

hehe

OHMS
Nov 19, 2006, 01:41 PM
I wish to record my statements for playback / sorting later.

I've got Microsoft Word; but are there other simply / affordable ways to do it without the MicroSoft programs.?
mike
p.s. Word is so huge; how much of it must I use to accomplish audio recording ?

zimv20
Nov 19, 2006, 01:59 PM
I wish to record my statements for playback / sorting later.

I've got Microsoft Word; but are there other simply / affordable ways to do it without the MicroSoft programs.?
mike
p.s. Word is so huge; how much of it must I use to accomplish audio recording ?
Word is awesome for recording audio, assuming you can type some 44 thousand 1's and 0's per second.

Coheebuzz
Nov 19, 2006, 04:05 PM
Don't know much about mics, but what i know is that those small clip-on mics are only good for near recordings and i doubt you'll pick up any sound from 20 feet away. A directional mic would be the best in this case but they don't come in a small size AFAIK.

Here is a very nice article i found on Apple's website talking about various types of mics, maybe you can find something there.

http://www.apple.com/pro/techniques/microphones101/

zimv20
Nov 19, 2006, 04:21 PM
Here is a very nice article i found on Apple's website talking about various types of mics, maybe you can find something there.

http://www.apple.com/pro/techniques/microphones101/
wow, that wasn't a bad intro at all.

Coheebuzz
Nov 19, 2006, 06:02 PM
wow, that wasn't a bad intro at all.

Indeed... There are some excellent articles in Apple's Pro section. I love the language and writing style they use, i wish academic textbooks were so easy to comprehend too.

Academic book writers should be fired! ;)