PDA

View Full Version : Drooling over an iTube

Dunepilot
Oct 27, 2006, 06:15 AM
http://www.fat-man.co.uk/docs/product/itube_1.htm

Having seen this product online this morning, I am now trying to calculate what I could possibly sell in order to purchase this lovely piece of kit.

It would also give me the good amp I desperately want to play my new record player through. Very, very nice.

iJaz
Oct 27, 2006, 06:25 AM
Cool, I would have wanted one if it didn't have that Fatman logo on it.

savar
Oct 27, 2006, 08:04 AM
Cool, I would have wanted one if it didn't have that Fatman logo on it.

Bingo.

Although I really don't like tube amps for listening to produced music. They sound sweet for playing a guitar though.

Scarlet Fever
Oct 27, 2006, 08:23 AM
tube guitar/bass heads are... eargasm material. If only i had $4k on me to get a tube head to go with my Fender...

that tube dock looks nice. I'd love to see them glow when i play my music loud through them :p

amiga
Oct 27, 2006, 08:54 AM
Look cool but like you guys said spoilt by the logo a bit :) ...still

Dunepilot
Oct 27, 2006, 09:10 AM
The logo wouldn't bother me - they're a well-respected manufacturer of hardware involved in music production, and they're a UK company, if I'm not mistaken.

One of my mates (who is also an avid MR reader) built his own speakers and tube amp while we were at university. Believe me, the playback of CDs sounded tremendous.

On the guitar front, I already have an all-valve (i.e. no electronics at all - not even a transformer as far as I understand it!!) Orange AD15 combo, and even an LPB 2ube pedal for added valve goodness. I'm wondering if maybe the LPB 2ube should be the first thing I sell to go towards the cost of a Fat Man. Hmm....

netdog
Oct 27, 2006, 09:18 AM
On the guitar front, I already have an all-valve (i.e. no electronics at all - not even a transformer as far as I understand it!!) Orange AD15 combo

There is a transformer and plenty of caps. Trust me. That said, your Orange is an all-valve amp. I play through a little Marshall 18-watt. Heaven.

Dunepilot
Oct 27, 2006, 09:41 AM
I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes).

Shadow
Oct 27, 2006, 10:07 AM
I read the title of the thread as: "Drooling over iLube"! :eek:
Silly me.

amiga
Oct 27, 2006, 10:12 AM
Some people have dirty minds but it sounds like a good product ;) Are you disappointed now?

Shadow
Oct 27, 2006, 10:14 AM
Some people have dirty minds but it sounds like a good product ;) Are you disappointed now?
I have the worlds dirtiest mind. Ever. I can turn anything into something sick. Don't ask me to though-its too rude for MR ;).

Dunepilot
Oct 31, 2006, 10:01 AM
If anyone in the UK wants to see one of these in action, you can buy them for 499 at John Lewis, including the 200 Tannoy speakers. Personally, I want to buy one for 269 from Amazon and then choose my own speakers, but I was really pleased to see that John Lewis stocks such an esoteric product.

ozontheroad
Oct 31, 2006, 12:42 PM
these guys should design something for the iPod

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/default.aspx