PDA

View Full Version : iPod Shuffle Issue

A.Fairhead
Oct 27, 2006, 06:53 AM
After running the new iPod shuffle Reset Utility last night, my ladyfriend has reported issues about the iPod not seemingly appearing properly on the Mac.

Each time the iPod is plugged into the computer (in any USB port) the device will pop up on the desktop for a moment, then dissapear. iTunes 7.0.1 still sees the iPod.

Spotlight doesn't see the iPod. The Reset Utility doesn't see the iPod. Nothing seems to be able to see the iPod apart from iTunes - it's from there that it has to be ejected.

Trying to restore the iPod from iTunes says: "The iPod "Em's iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1418)." The Reset Utility says: "There was a problem obtaining information from your iPod."

Can anyone help with this situation? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: When iTunes is closed, no problem occurs. When I open it, the trouble begins. Also, Get Info informs me that the shuffle is seemingly formatted for MS-DOS (the shuffle has never seen a PC in its life - only OS 10.4)

A.Fairhead
Oct 28, 2006, 11:35 AM
Update: Everything works until the iPod is interacted with via. an app (iTunes, the fix, etc.)

I've ran older updaters to try and get it to the position it used to be in, but the dissapearing act continues to happen…