Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Im having trouble with MP3s on iTunes. When i download an MP3 and exit the link that comes up that i click to get it onto iTunes, it works, but when i x it out, it says it cannot find the file..

Please Help, and I have windows XP

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
When i close the link(clicking the red at the top right corner)

Its not saving as a file, cause it tells me to attempt and locate it, which i cant

is there a way for me to save under a file?

EDIT: Heres an example

This is one of the songs i downloaded

C:\Documents and Settings\The King\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\A9LYR69C\dethklok_theme[1].zip

when i load it, it goes into iTunes, but when i "close" the link out, it will tell me to try and relocate the file

rememeber, i have WINDOWS XP

iSaint

macrumors 603
You need to find the file in the location you specify to download it. I don't think it being in the folder you say is where the full file is downloaded.

Plus, the file you name is a zipped file. You would have to unzip it into a location, then import the songs into iTunes for them to work.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
Files stored in temporary directories will, more often than not, usually be deleted by the program that created it upon closing. You just need to put the file anywhere else (i.e. My Documents, My Music). It's also happening because your iTunes isn't set to copy files into the iTunes library upon them being added.

psychofreak said:
'x it out'?
Windows speak = x it out
Mac speak = Cmd + Q :)

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
You need to find the file in the location you specify to download it. I don't think it being in the folder you say is where the full file is downloaded.

Plus, the file you name is a zipped file. You would have to unzip it into a location, then import the songs into iTunes for them to work.

Now how do i "unzip" the file?

Files stored in temporary directories will, more often than not, usually be deleted by the program that created it upon closing. You just need to put the file anywhere else (i.e. My Documents, My Music). It's also happening because your iTunes isn't set to copy files into the iTunes library upon them being added.

Windows speak = x it out
Mac speak = Cmd + Q

Is there a way i can set up a file on my music somehow so i can put the
mp3s there?

edit:

Heres the exact thing that comes up, there would be an ! sign next to the title of the song, andi get this when i click it

EDIT 2!!!!

I FIXED IT!!

But there are multiple tracks that have the same opening file, is there a way i can rename the file?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.