PDA

View Full Version : what to do after using Senuti

fjs08
Oct 28, 2006, 04:01 PM
Hi,
My OSX crashed. I reinstalled, then couldn't get my iPod stuff back to iTunes. I used Senuti and was able to get my stuff back to iTunes. Now, can I proceed from here like nothing happened and just sync it up like I did before the crash??

Frank

mad jew
Oct 28, 2006, 08:06 PM
Well, how did OSX crash? What happened and do you know why it happened? Assuming the reinstall fixed your problems, then iTunes should now be working normally and resyncing your iPod shouldn't be an issue. I'd check iTunes with the iPod unplugged first though, just to make sure Senuti copied the music across and not just links to the music on the iPod. :)

fjs08
Oct 28, 2006, 08:37 PM
Hi,

>>Well, how did OSX crash? What happened and do you know why it happened?<<

I was working on an Excel spreadsheet when I received the spinning beach ball out of the blue. I waited a while then tried to force quit Excel. When that didn't work, I left it for a while and caught some football. Came back and nothing had changed. So I restarted the computer. OSX wouldn't load. I let it try for about 5 minutes, shut the computer down and rebooted. This happened repeatedly so I called Apple and they instructed me, after trying a few things, to reinstall OSX. I had everything saved, so it wasn't a "loss," just a pain.

>>Assuming the reinstall fixed your problems, then iTunes should now be working normally and resyncing your iPod shouldn't be an issue.<<

The computer is actually running better than before.
Initially, iTunes wanted to sync with my iPod, bring everything (nothing) from iTunes to the iPod. That's why I used Senuti. Someone here on the board recommended it.

>>I'd check iTunes with the iPod unplugged first though, just to make sure Senuti copied the music across and not just links to the music on the iPod. <<

I did and it plays like new. Everything seems to be intact. I didn't want to sync iTunes with iPod and end up with nothing.

Frank

mad jew
Oct 28, 2006, 08:39 PM
Fantastic work. You did all the right things and I reckon it's pretty safe for you to now sync your iPod with iTunes as you did before. Hopefully your crashing Mac problems are totally remedied. :)

fjs08
Oct 28, 2006, 08:48 PM
>>Fantastic work. You did all the right things and I reckon it's pretty safe for you to now sync your iPod with iTunes as you did before. Hopefully your crashing Mac problems are totally remedied<,

Thanks. Lots of help from the folks here on the board. And the Apple tech actually spent an hour on the phone with me. Nice guy too. I just wish I had a clue "why" it crashed in the first place. I do all the upgrades, etc. Probably just "one of those things??"
Now I have to work on my router.

I have a Linksys wrt54g v.3 wireless router at home. When it works, it works great, but throughout the day, it seems to be timing out, or whatever. Here's what happens.

In the morning, I turn the computers, Thinkpad (wife) and my Mac Powerbook on at 4:30am after working out. I come down at 5, log on for my wife to her home page which is MSN. No problem. It seems to work almost every day. I then go to my computer and do the same. I always access MSNBC.com, my e-mail, and some business sites. It takes me about 15 minutes to compete my initial run through. Almost without fail, at 5:15am, the router goes out. I guess. I look at the cable modem and all the lights seem to be working. I'll unplug the router for a minute, plug it back in and it works again until around lunch time. I'm gone but my wife is on it. She states that it seems to work throughout the morning, but around 12:30pm, it shuts down again, and sometimes again around 2pm. When I get home at 6, it has always been working and it invariably works all evening until I shut it off at bedtime.

I had thought that maybe it "went out" after it "sat" for a while without any activity, but I really can't pinpoint it. I do have it on a secure setup, so no one else "should" be accessing it.

I called the cable company and they recommended looking for a router "upgrade" online. I saw a "firmware" upgrade for my unit, but I have no idea what that will do to it, or my secure set up??

As an update, I let the wireless sit as I was watching TV. I came back and the wireless wouldn't work. I cabled it to the wireless router and my computer worked within seconds, however the computers that are wired (2 others-ThinkPad and an old Dell I have at home), aren't working.

So does this mean that the "wireless" part of my wireless router is on the fritz??? Can it be fixed by an "update" or should I just pony up for the latest and greatest router at Best Buy??

Any thoughts??

Frank

mad jew
Oct 28, 2006, 08:52 PM
Interesting. I don't think you have much to lose so you should just go ahead and install the firmware update. At worst, it might wreck your router in which case you should probably buy a new one. If the firmware update doesn't fix the router, then I'd say the router sounds like it might be on the way out anyway. Hopefully it will fix your problems though. :)