PDA

View Full Version : 4000 Points 2 days in a row!

Stelliform
Apr 17, 2003, 10:21 AM
We have produced 4000 points for 2 days in a row! Not to mention that we have produced over 3000 for the last 4 days!

Just a month ago, 3000 would be alot and 2000 would be the norm.

We also have 130 active members! And we keep adding more everyday!

Just wanted to point that out! Great job team! It took all of us and every last computer to achieve those scores! Thanks for everbody conrtibuting to making MacRumors the folding powerhouse that it is!

Mr. Anderson
Apr 17, 2003, 10:33 AM
That friggin nuts!! Hope we can get 3 days at 4000....:D

Great to see us moving closer to the other Mac teams too.

D

Rower_CPU
Apr 17, 2003, 10:48 AM
Yup, the pass dates for MacAddict and Team Mac OS X keep on getting closer and closer.

As always, thanks everyone for the participation. :)

MrMacMan
Apr 17, 2003, 12:11 PM
where are you getting 4000 from?

teamstats from macnn is showing like 3,800... but not 4,000

But while this is happening overclocker stats shows 4,200 in the past day....

while, statsman shows 3,918 the past day...

:puzzled:

howard
Apr 17, 2003, 12:28 PM
i remember just few months ago it was 5000 a week...it won't be long till we get that per day!

Stelliform
Apr 17, 2003, 01:36 PM
I am pulling those stats from this page...
Extreme Overclocking (http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/folding/teams/detail_3446.html)

MrMacMan
Apr 17, 2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Stelliform
I am pulling those stats from this page...
Extreme Overclocking (http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/folding/teams/detail_3446.html)

Tell me why the stats can't match?

You have to go to 3 stats pages and add then and divide by 3 to get a real point/day score.... :(

jethroted
Apr 18, 2003, 08:53 AM
I can't believe the level of participation we have been getting. Everyone just keeps adding more computers all the time! I'm always on the look out for a new one to convert.

MrMacMan
Apr 18, 2003, 09:51 AM
Its weird is mac folding dieing or did we seriously get alot of members from othe teams?
I hear this at MacOsX team forums... I've noticed that only 17 members have registered in the Forum here. _Yahoo site lists 45 currently registered on that forum. _So, where is everybody? _What if you created a new forum and no one came?! _ _We only have 156 active folders out of 746 registered with the team. _Somehow the word needs to be spread. _Macrumors is forcast to pass us for the number 1 Mac team in late June 2003! _Say it is not so! _ _Fold, fold, fold!

They notice us, finally, but it seems their member base is gone. BTW, no one replyied to that yet :rolleyes: (http://noahj.homeunix.com/cgi-bin/IB/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=21)

Dropping like flies...
MacAddict4Ever -- May 24th

Stelliform
Apr 18, 2003, 10:07 AM
Yeah, if we keep it up they do not have a prayer. We dumped 3800 points yesterday, and today we have already dumped 2200!!! and it is only 10am!!!!

Keep Folding!!!!

eyelikeart
Apr 18, 2003, 10:56 AM
there were a few days this week where I couldn't keep it up because the dual processor at work had to get booted into friggin' OS 9... :(

It's back up for now and I'm hoping it starts crunching the crap out of those #'s again like it had been last week...he he he... ;)

britboy
Apr 18, 2003, 11:38 AM
Damn it! My windows pc just crashed, wiping the current WU, which was up to about 80% :mad:

Isn't there any way of recovering the work that's already been done, such as manually editing the log file?

MrMacMan
Apr 18, 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by britboy
Damn it! My windows pc just crashed, wiping the current WU, which was up to about 80% :mad:

Isn't there any way of recovering the work that's already been done, such as manually editing the log file?

Um... the work should save after like every frame completed... After frame #1 your already onto 2 and it crashes you should be back to completed 1 and onto #2 on reboot.

britboy
Apr 18, 2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Um... the work should save after like every frame completed... After frame #1 your already onto 2 and it crashes you should be back to completed 1 and onto #2 on reboot.

Well, perhaps you'd like to tell my pc what it's supposed to do, because it sure isn't listening to me ;)

MrMacMan
Apr 18, 2003, 06:57 PM
Well, perhaps you'd like to tell my pc what it's supposed to do, because it sure isn't listening to me ;)

ah that sucks. No really it saves, what ver. are you running. Command, graphical, screen saver (eek)?

bousozoku
Apr 18, 2003, 08:44 PM

Maybe if you speak Amurican, it will. :D

britboy
Apr 19, 2003, 01:02 AM
ah that sucks. No really it saves, what ver. are you running. Command, graphical, screen saver (eek)?

It's the graphical client, version 3.24. I'm sure it normally saves, but for me, it made a special exception. I suppose that really I should just feel honoured, and get on with folding. It's certaintly not going to kill me (unless my lack of folding contributes to no cure being found, and I need one :rolleyes: ).

Thanks for the thought anyway though.

MrMacMan
Apr 19, 2003, 09:01 PM
It's the graphical client, version 3.24. I'm sure it normally saves, but for me, it made a special exception. I suppose that really I should just feel honoured, and get on with folding. It's certaintly not going to kill me (unless my lack of folding contributes to no cure being found, and I need one :rolleyes: ).

Thanks for the thought anyway though.

Hm... I guess a bug or glitch, maybe it was saving when it crashed and the data was lost, dunno.

Stelliform
Apr 19, 2003, 10:38 PM
Its weird is mac folding dieing or did we seriously get alot of members from othe teams?
I hear this at MacOsX team forums...
They notice us, finally, but it seems their member base is gone. BTW, no one replyied to that yet :rolleyes: (http://noahj.homeunix.com/cgi-bin/IB/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=21)

Dropping like flies...
MacAddict4Ever -- May 24th

Just their moderator replied. He didn't sound too enthusiastic. I think they will be a easy target as long as we don't slack up.

BTW, we are going to break 4000 again today. And we have been above 3500 for almost a week! Keep crunching!

scem0
Apr 21, 2003, 07:32 PM
I hope to install folding on some computers at school. That should
help a lil'. :)

MrMacMan
Apr 21, 2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by scem0
I hope to install folding on some computers at school. That should
help a lil'. :)

Ah, thanks. :D

Everything helps. :D

we are doing well guys, keep it up!