Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I need a new work table as I botched a simple moving around and messed up half of my current table. It's not just because I messed up the current table, I just would like new tables.

I lose the will to live every time I go into IKEA (not that it's often). I would like to park, nip in and nip out ASAP so that my eyes haven't glazed over completely by the time I'm checking out. If it helps I'll probably go to the Croydon one but the North Circular one is also an option.

Could you make some recommendations of configurations within about a 2m squared space? Not really concerned about the shape of the table, but it needs to accomodate a MBP up on an iCurve + 23" ACD in close proximity, a 30" ACD, a Dell 2407WFP + All-in-one inkjet sitting on top of a small chest of drawers about the footprint of a 17" MBP... plus all the other detritus that a table tends to accumulate.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
My current table is from that Ikea store on the North circular, but seems like you need a damn big table...

- 23'' ACD
- 30" ACD
- 24" Dell
- All-in-one inkjet

Just adding up your monitor sizes, assuming you have them all in a row, comes to just under 2 meters across (!). Where would you put the inkjet?

Have you tried looking on the Ikea website? It's useful for checking out stuff before you go.

I quite like their peanut-shaped tables,nearly brought one. But if plain, rectagular is your thing, then choose a plain beech or pine or white table top, pick 4 legs that you like, and bob's your close parental sibling.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I'm shooting for something like this (not drawn to scale!)

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 72

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I went to the North London one recently and picked this out. Not going to be big enough for your requirements though!

Attachments

• DSCF0100.jpg
    DSCF0100.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 91

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
That may not be a bad idea. Could you tell me what you put that together from?
It's all Ikea, also available in birch and white (mine's beech). I think it's the Galant range, but the legs aren't the same. I got it a while ago, and they may have changed the leg style. It's just two corner units and two rectangular, but it happened to fit my office exactly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.