PDA

View Full Version : iBook and Logic Board

coachingguy
Oct 29, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hey all,

I've got a 900mhz G3 iBook that my wife uses. The logic board was replaced on it once already. It's really starting to act up again. I see Apple is still honoring their Logic Board switch out. What are the chances they'll upgrade it to a G4 or a macbook:D ? Has any recently sent there iBook in for a logic board replacement? How'd it go, how long did it take?

Thanks,

Coachingguy

dmw007
Oct 29, 2006, 07:03 PM
Hey all,

I've got a 900mhz G3 iBook that my wife uses. The logic board was replaced on it once already. It's really starting to act up again. I see Apple is still honoring their Logic Board switch out. What are the chances they'll upgrade it to a G4 or a macbook:D ? Has any recently sent there iBook in for a logic board replacement? How'd it go, how long did it take?

Thanks,

Coachingguy

Hard to say, I find it hard to believe that they would still have a whole lot of parts sitting around for the iBook G3s...... :o

....so who knows, you might get lucky and get a newer machine. :)

razorme
Dec 15, 2006, 02:11 PM
Hey all,

Thanks,

Coachingguy

Is it the distorting display problem? I've been going through the forums to look for people with this issue - I posted on another thread about using a heat gun to fix this - sorry I can't do the link right now - I'm at work and would have to figure that out!