Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
I'm so pissed off!

I replaced my clone Dual Core Pentium 4 PC with a Mac Pro.
I've had the Mac Pro for almost 3 months now and I have had nothing
but good luck with it! This Sucks! All it ever does is sit there and work!
Every freaking day! I wake up, I turn it on and it freaking boots!
WTF!? How can I slack off if all the damn thing ever does is work?
At least with my PC I could get a virus or a Windows Update would make something stop working!

*sigh* well, it's still running.. almost 90 of uptime.. I guess I'll start working.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
LOL, I use my Dell as an excuse a lot. I probably won't be able to do that anymore when I get a MacBook, but I'd call that a pretty good trade-off. :cool:

iSaint

macrumors 603
Every once in awhile I get antsy and try to find some maintenance to perform on my Powerbook. Updates are a godsend, it makes me feel like I'm doing something. Repairing Permissions is ok, but everything seems to be in order for the most part. I'm actually being productive with my computer!

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Every once in awhile I get antsy and try to find some maintenance to perform on my Powerbook. Updates are a godsend, it makes me feel like I'm doing something. Repairing Permissions is ok, but everything seems to be in order for the most part. I'm actually being productive with my computer!

LOL, ditto on the updates...

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
same here! Thank god for the hundreds of Windows PC that I have to service every month!

I remember the day that my biggest client found out that I have Mac's... I was sitting in his office, doing some network troubleshooting on my MacBook Pro. He walked in and looked at me... said "Um, is that a Mac?" I said "Um.... maybe?"

When asked why I have a mac and not a dell, i responded "Because I want to spend my time fixing my own stuff"

He responded "So, why are you selling me Dells and not Apples??"
I said "Because then you wouldn't need me, and I have a house payment to make.:)"

Thankfully, they NEED Windows for there EMR Software.

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
yeah it's pretty much the same with my macbook... almost never anything wrong with it!! once I got my hopes up high cause when I disconnected my tv the screen just went blue and I was like - wauw! finally something to be agry about but the after a minute or so I went back to normal and the blue screen only takes seconds to disappear now - so no fun there....

now in stead I have to use my time actualy getting things done and I have to spend my time playing games having fun in stead of being pissed and affraid that all my data is lost... sigh - who only had a pc...!

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
I had that blue screen too on my MBP after once I woke the MBP while turning off a printer... it would appear for 1-2 seconds when subsequently waking from sleep. but to my disappointment, restarting eliminated the appearance of the blue screen and now it runs so smoooooothly... too smoothly

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois

LOL, ditto on the updates...

Same here, I try SO hard to maintain my machine. I'm too used to Windows. I'm so much more productive on a Mac than on a PC.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
Maybe he doesn't know what FSCK means.

File
System
Consistency
Check

Yes, thats actually how it works.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You could always try resetting the SMC twice in a row. That might fry the logic board.

Alternatively, you could try the following:

10315_2_19%20RUBBER%20MALLET.jpg

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Yeah it's funny how all them peeps making guaranteed pay by the hour are fine with a P/C. ( as long as they have an IT department )

Damndest thing about Mac workstations is that they actually work as a workstation should.

Now if you were working for Apple, I would have shown your client how he could run both OSX and Windows and upcoming Leopard and Vista all on the same machines.

You'd still have to get everyone on the network and cover their Windows partitions, so they'd still need some IT help.

You'd also get the next sale once your client saw how much more productive
everyone was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.