Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Every so often (few days), my soundsticks w/iSub decide not to play music...holding down the keyboard volume controls, you can hear noise coming out of the 'sticks that kinda sounds like a little tap but you don't get the actual volume alert tone (the clicky thing)...the only way to fix it seems to be a restart which id rather not do every day,..so yeah...is it fixable?

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Re: Soundsticks issue

Originally posted by mmmdreg
Every so often (few days), my soundsticks w/iSub decide not to play music...holding down the keyboard volume controls, you can hear noise coming out of the 'sticks that kinda sounds like a little tap but you don't get the actual volume alert tone (the clicky thing)...the only way to fix it seems to be a restart which id rather not do every day,..so yeah...is it fixable?

I have this problem on my MIDI rig but never on my SOundSticks. See if you can locate and delete the Core Audio files in your Library (but not before you back them up!). This is supposed to fix a lot of problems with 10.24 and 10.25 audio.

Dan

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Re: Re: Soundsticks issue

Originally posted by alset
I have this problem on my MIDI rig but never on my SOundSticks. See if you can locate and delete the Core Audio files in your Library (but not before you back them up!). This is supposed to fix a lot of problems with 10.24 and 10.25 audio.

Dan
Umm... and without the core audio files, how does audio work?

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
Dual 800 G4. I think I found a way not to reboot to make it work. GO to system preferences/sound, thn output tab. Click on built-in audio cotroller then back on sound sticks. It better then restarting.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by robotrenegade
Dual 800 G4. I think I found a way not to reboot to make it work. GO to system preferences/sound, thn output tab. Click on built-in audio cotroller then back on sound sticks. It better then restarting.

hmm I hope that one works..but I haven't experienced it for a few days now :p so hopefully the issue has just gone out the window.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Mine only happens when I change users.

I *think* mine happened after playing MOHAA or something...after quitting, I don't *think* it worked...I emphasise the "think"'s.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
What computer do you have? What part of the computer are the sticks hooked up to?

an iMac G3 600mhz w/ 640mb RAM. the sticks are hooked up to the USB port no.2 through the iSub. isn't that the only way?

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
try using the sytem pref. idea.

if that doesn't work. log-out, then log back in (this fixes many things...and frees up some RAM)

restarting is aways a last resort. i only need to restart when software update requires it.

?

peace.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
I had that problem with my soundsticks on my old powermac. Go tot the system prefs>sound and re-select the soundsticks. My old machine would occasionally want to switch back to the internal speaker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.