PDA

View Full Version : Lost music in Senuti

nathanbusby
Nov 1, 2006, 05:00 PM
Please HELP!!!!
I have just got a new 80Gb ipod video to replace my 60Gb ipod that is nearly full.
I have used senuti before to copy music off a previous ipod sucessfully. This time around I wasn't really paying too much attention to the destination file path and saved about 55Gb of music (I have this backed up elsewhere not on my mac)
Anyway off I went and copied all the music off the ipod but now I can't find it. I know it is there as I now only have 4 GB free on my macbook pro.
I have tried finding it on spotlight etc but this can't find the music. The only thing that can is Senuti. When I finished putting the music on the ipod bit by bit as it wants to copy everything to itunes again, I can see the files but now can't delete of move thm to another external hard drive.
The file path is has used is /Volumes/Music/iTunes ????
I am flumoxed.

Any ideas out there??

Eraserhead
Nov 1, 2006, 05:16 PM
Please HELP!!!!

The file path is has used is /Volumes/Music/iTunes ????
I am flumoxed.

Any ideas out there??

Any external drive called Music? If so it's on that ;)

otherwise go to Macintosh HD in Finder and Click on the Go Menu and the Go To Folder Option and type 'Volumes' (without quotations) and the music should be there.

The Volumes folder is a hidden folder in UNIX that houses all the external disks you have put the music in a hidden location and it can't find it.

nathanbusby
Nov 1, 2006, 05:31 PM
Ok

not 100% what you mean. The file path is left over I think from the last time I did this. The last time I saved all the music on the ipod to an external hard drive. This time I didn't have the externakl drive and it is saved somewhere on the Mac.
the problem is I can sort of find the music through senuti but it will not let me delete the music from the hard drive??

Eraserhead
Nov 1, 2006, 05:40 PM
Ok

not 100% what you mean. The file path is left over I think from the last time I did this. The last time I saved all the music on the ipod to an external hard drive. This time I didn't have the externakl drive and it is saved somewhere on the Mac.
the problem is I can sort of find the music through senuti but it will not let me delete the music from the hard drive??

OK I will try and explain more simply

#1 Load Finder

#2 Go to Macintosh HD

#3 Press Command-Shift-G Or select Go To folder from the Go Menu.

#4 Type Volumes in the Box

#5 Press OK

#6 When the folder Volumes appears in Finder double click on it.

#7 There should be a folder called Music there (with your music in it) Delete it or do what you wish with it.

nathanbusby
Nov 2, 2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks a million.
Got there in the end. I think I have lost about 400 tunes but hey out of 10,700 thats not too bad.
Again thanks I was just starting to pull my hair out!!