Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
In the device manager I have two devices with driver problems:
-USB Human Interface Device
-PCI Device
(Yellow Exclamation Mark)

Is it normal for Apple not to provide drivers for some devices?

Also, are the keyboard shortcuts for the sound and screen brightness not supposed to work (F1-F5)?

Thanks.

bradshaw1966

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2006
Newbie2.0

The volume shortcut on Boot Camp works by clicking "Fn" along with the volume key - just like in Windows. Did you update Boot Camp? A new version was released on Monday.

drval

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2006
Interesting -- perhaps I'm not following you but, if I hold down Fn and then click on F3 I can toggle Muting of the Master Volume control. However, Fn + either F4 or F5 has no effect on the volume level.

I'm using v1.1.2 Boot Camp drivers.

rootuid

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2006
audio drivers

I downloaded the latest bootcamp for my 2.16ghz c2d mbp. All the drivers seem fine except that no audio driver has been installed. Can anyone verify there is no audio also?

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
I downloaded the latest bootcamp for my 2.16ghz c2d mbp. All the drivers seem fine except that no audio driver has been installed. Can anyone verify there is no audio also?

Audio should work...I;ve had both the original and latest version of bootcamp and the drivers, on the first one red light shone through the headphone port and when you plugged in headphones the audio played through them and the built in speakers. This is not the case in the latest version, but you should have sound...
(I'm on a CD, BTW)

rootuid

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2006
Audio should work...I;ve had both the original and latest version of bootcamp and the drivers, on the first one red light shone through the headphone port and when you plugged in headphones the audio played through them and the built in speakers. This is not the case in the latest version, but you should have sound...
(I'm on a CD, BTW)
Thanks for the reply. I've tried reinstalling the drivers twice but to no avail, still no audio device. Anyone know what audio hardware is in the mac, perhaps I can get the driver from the hardware vendor?

rcm3

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2006
I'm having the same driver errors the OP is having in the first post....

I'm also having issues with touchpad functionality (no two finger action....hehe) and I can't get the BT might mouse to work at all.

aaronfzr

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
I'm having the same driver errors the OP is having in the first post....

I'm also having issues with touchpad functionality (no two finger action....hehe) and I can't get the BT might mouse to work at all.

My BT MM works fine in XP/BC 1.1.2 - have you tried switching it on via control panel> hardware peripherals (or something) and into bluetooth devices. There should be a button called "find bluetooth devices" or something - if your mouse is switched on, windows should identify it and choose a random passcode for communicating with it.

After that you should be good to go. Hope that helps

Aaron

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.