PDA

View Full Version : Printable list of library contents

tderemigis
Nov 1, 2006, 09:33 PM
Is there any way to print the contents of my itunes library (preferably in artist order, with song title and album)?

the only thing i have found was itunes publisher but i couldnt get any results in which i wouldnt need to print over 70 pages of text.

decksnap
Nov 1, 2006, 09:38 PM
File > Print > Song listing

WildCowboy
Nov 1, 2006, 09:41 PM
If you have Office:

With your desired library ("Music") selected and organized the way you want, go to File-->Export and save as Plain Text. You'll get an ugly text file with lots of data fields for each track. Open it in Excel and it should automatically detect it as a delimited file and launch the Text Import Wizard. The default settings should result in a well-formatted Excel file. Delete whatever columns you're not interested in seeing, then export or print as desired.

Edit: Or, what decksnap said. ^^^^ :D

tderemigis
Nov 1, 2006, 10:26 PM
so i had no idea that you could do any of that printing in itunes! lol. but i set it to th custom printing of songs to see how many pages it would take and...272 pages. i'll try the other way now tho.

WildCowboy
Nov 1, 2006, 10:29 PM
You've clearly got a lot of tunes, so they're going to take up a lot of pages...there's no getting around that.

With my method, you have more flexibility with formatting things in Excel so you can probably squeeze things down a bit, but it's going to be a lot of pages no matter what you do.